Breeding-Lead II Job Listing at Country View Family Farms in Beaverton, PA (Job ID 12-3260-Exempt Professional)
The primary purpose of the Breeding Lead II is to manage the daily operations of the Breeding department of a farm with less than 2000 sows. The operation will be achieved by implementing CVFF established production criteria.
• Schedules and coordinates daily and weekly tasks with the Barn Manager and other department heads and staff. May need to approve time and attendance for farm staff in absence of Barn Manager.
• Conducts a weekly review of departmental performance
• Ensures proper feeding processes are followed so animals maximize milk production
• Implements technical protocols and helps to develop and test new processes
• Ensures the farm's working environment is safe by providing safety equipment, training, and actions to prevent hazardous conditions
• Ensures all equipment, machinery, and vehicles are accounted for and properly maintained
• Works in conjunction with the Barn Manager and Human Resources on personnel issues including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, worker safety, performance evaluation, and staffing levels
• Is responsible for training all Farrowing Technicians and ensures proper animal husbandry skills are being utilized
• Must learn and perform the responsibilities described within CVFF's process manual.
• Is responsible for complying with all environmental laws and procedures to which the company is required to follow or voluntarily subscribes
• Maintains bio-security protocols in the department
Requirements POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and a minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires one who is multi-task oriented and a team player
• Ability to read, write and speak simple sentences in English
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must have completed and passed the CVFF certification training level I and certification level II in both farrowing and breeding/gestation
• Must understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Pennsylvania Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Business Analyst SAP
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Lancaster County, PA
DPW-Business Analyst 2-OCYF
Advanced Technology Solutions - Harrisburg, PA
Over Night Management full or part-time
McDonald's - East Stroudsburg, PA
Locate this job: