Breeding-Technician I Job Listing at Country View Family Farms in Concord, PA
At Country View Family Farms, we are a family owned company with relationships throughout the state of Pennsylvania and its neighboring states. We pride ourselves in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Spend some time on our site getting to know our company and how we provide safe, wholesome food for our friends and neighbors every day.
Country View Family Farms a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group.
A Hog Farm Barn technician provides care for the sows and piglet on a sow farm.
Position responsibilities for Breeding Technician
1. Daily monitors and evaluates sow health and condition in breeding/gestation areas.
2. Heat check and artificially breed and monitor sow pregnancy status, following established protocols for CVFF.
3. Maintain accurate records and submit them in a timely manner to the supervisor.
4. Ensure proper feeding processes are followed and schedules maintained.
5. Ensure that the farm's work environment is safe by providing safety equipment, training and actions to prevent hazardous conditions.
6. Monitor and maintain thermal environment for sows.
7. Perform routine maintenance and pressure washing as needed.
8. Following approved SOP guidelines, feed and water daily.
9. Assist in moving sows and boars as directed by Supervisor.
10. Assist farrowing when needed following farrowing job description guidelines.
11. Follow animal welfare policies and procedures including: providing a physical environment that meets the animals needs; provide access to adequate water and high-quality feed; provide humane treatment of the animals; provide identification and appropriate treatment of the animals in need of health care; and follow the guidelines for euthanasia.
Requirements Schedule: Monday to Friday 9.40 hr Working every other Saturday and Sundays.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• No experience necessary.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and a minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be willing to learn to understand animal behaviors.
• Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the following tasks: euthanasia, artificial insemination, vaccinations, piglet processing, ear tagging, tattooing, pressure washing other procedures normal to animal husbandry.
• Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the following
• Must be able to tolerate blood, animal dander, manure, dust, odors, and frequently noisy conditions.
• This position requires one who is multi-task oriented and a team player.
• Requires one who is multi-task oriented and a team player.
• Ability to read, write and speak simple sentences in English.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Must understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be available full time Monday to Friday, with some weekend and holidays work will be required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Labor jobs in Pennsylvania Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Day I Specialist- Farrowing
Country View Family Farms - Fannetsburg, PA
Safelite AutoGlass - Towanda, PA
Safelite AutoGlass - Johnstown, PA
Locate this job: