Apply on Company Website
Crescent Electric Supply Co (CESCO) was founded in 1919 and is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. Crescent Electric Supply Co. is a full-line distributor of electrical, electronic, automation and voice data products with more than 120 locations throughout 25 states. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value added services. Our customers range from Electrical Contractors, Industrial OEM MRO customers to Commercial, Institutional, Educational and Government entities.
*This position can be locatedin Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE. This position will be responsible for covering Central Iowa and Eastern Nebraska. Responsibilities:
Responsible for the pre- and post-sale support and services of Industrial / OEM Accounts and IndustrialSales personnel and strategic vendors.
- Responsible for technically supporting pre- and post-sales efforts at key customers, target conversion accounts, projects and new market opportunities identified by the sales engineers.
- Responsible for providing advanced and comprehensive technical application assistance supporting multiple locations as required.
- Local focal point for all communications between Vendor Partner Technical resources and I/S on Automation products and software.
- Be a technical resource for the customer and I/S personnel.
- Assist in launching new Automation products to sales personnel within the assigned region. This includes product training and competency with demo equipment.
- Actively promote Automation participation at local trade shows, customer seminars, and other local branch promotions as a way to increase customer awareness of Automation and Control product capabilities.
- Be an advisor and advocate for appropriate Automation and Control inventory required to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure that demos, literature, and other sales collateral material related to Automation and Control products and software are up to date and available in sufficient supply to support the needs of the region.
- Ensure the general sales force (inside and outside) has a base level of Automation and Control products and software expertise necessary to support daily sales activity. Implement local training programs to address areas of need.
- Participate in identified training activities for Automation and Control products and software.
- Participate in required distributor training activity for Automation and Control products and software.
Competitive Benefit Package:
- Four year Engineering degree or two year degree or equivalent experience in automation experience is preferred.
- Have core competency for the current technology as it relates to the assigned products.
- Apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Ability to train internal staff on the sales and commercial aspects of assigned products, including features, benefits, applications, and markets.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in Automation products, software and complimentary areas.
- Travel required approximately 50% of the time.
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background and DMVchecks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.