Adult Beverage Tasting Event Specialist Job Listing at CROSSMARK in Joplin, MO
Market Title Adult Beverage Tasting Event Specialist
Primary Work Location Missouri-Joplin
Position Status Part Time
Average Hours Per Week (Note: These hours are estimated and are subject to frequent increases/decreases due to business needs) 16-20
Store Number(s) 6415
Job Overview CROSSMARK needs knowledgeable adult beverage product promoters to be a part of our adult beverage tasting demo team.
As a member of this team you will act as a brand ambassador, promoting the product you are sampling to increase the sales of that wine, beer or spirit.
If you are outgoing and have a general knowledge or interest of the spirits industry this opportunity is perfect for you. We currently have openings all over the country so apply today!
Summary The associate is responsible for completing in-store alcohol beverage and food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Serves, demonstrates, intercepts and educates consumers and promotes products in a professional manner. Maintain an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively engage and educate consumers on the features and benefits of alcohol beverage products.
* Possesses knowledge of the wine, beer and spirits market and keeps up-to-date on trends and products.
* Remain compliant with training and/or certification required for wine, beer, and spirits promotions.
* Ability to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers, and knives
* Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution.
* Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
* Maintains a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
* Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
* Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives.
* Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
* Completes expense reports in accordance with Company policy.
* Prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution
* Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure.
* Maintains an energetic, outgoing, engaging and articulate manner during Event execution.
* Observes guests and checks identification for proof-of-age; denies sampling of any alcohol beverage product to underage or intoxicated guests
* Demonstrates operational compliance with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the sampling and marketing of alcohol
* Adheres to Federal, state, and local laws and regulations surrounding wine, beer, and spirits promotions
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers’ Compensation Claims:
You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
This role is not expected to exceed more than 25 hours per week, although the company does maintain the discretion to change the role based on the needs of the business and/or the client.
Note:This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of six months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience demonstrating, serving and/or promoting alcohol beverage products preferred. [NOTE:Must be at least 21 years of age in order to promote and serve alcohol beverage products.]
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to:
* Stand up to eight (8) hours at a time
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
* Talk and hear
* Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
* Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder)
* Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds)
* Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
* Prepare foods using cooking utensils such as knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils
* Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Physical Appearance:Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments. [NOTE: Dress code for this position will require the following: black slacks, long-sleeved collared/button down shirts (black for alcohol-related events and white for other/non-alcohol beverage product demonstrations); black close-toed shoes].
Specific Skills:Proficient use of a personal computer and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc.:Qualified candidate for or current certification in an alcohol beverage license program; Local food handlers permit may be required.
Working Conditions (environment in which the job is performed):Retail store environment with some travel.
Language Skills:English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Joplin, MO
View similar jobs:
Starbucks - Joplin, MO
Starbucks - Joplin, MO
Starbucks - Pittsburg, KS
Locate this job: