Food Enthusiast Job Listing at CROSSMARK in Louisville, KY (Job ID crossmark-792779)
Market Title Food Enthusiast
Primary Work Location Kentucky-Louisville
Position Status Part Time
Average Hours Per Week (Note: These hours are estimated and are subject to frequent increases/decreases due to business needs) 16-20
Job Overview Do all of your friends come to you for food advice? Maybe you are considered what some may call a foodie”… If so CROSSMARK wants to talk to you. We are now working with an upscale grocer to craft recipes, food samples, and recipe cards to promote our client who features fresh meat/seafood/produce items.
This would be the perfect opportunity for those who love to cook, have a knack for mixing up spices and flavors, and a passion about the food industry as a whole. So, if you want to meet people that love food as much as you do while building customer loyalty in store, we want you.
Summary The Associate is responsible for preparing and completing in-store food and recipe demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Prepares, serves, demonstrates, intercepts consumers and sells products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Possess the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products and recipes represented.
* Prepare recipe(s) provided by the Supervisor for the scheduled cooking event.
* Shop for products and prep for the recipe; must use ingredients as written in recipe.
* Knowledge of sale price and location of product(s) being used.
* Maintain a clean and organized station
* Preparation of sample display of products being used.
* Always be busy with chopping, cutting, dicing, slicing, cooking or engaging the customer.
* Responsible for creating, reporting, and submitting appropriate online or paper documentation.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers’ Compensation Claims:You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Note:This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and strong culinary skills with a passion for cooking.
Physical Demands:The associate will be regularly required to:
* Stand up to 8 hours at a time
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
* Talk and hear
* Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
* Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder)
* Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds)
* Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
* Prepare foods using cooking utensils such as knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils
* Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Physical Appearance:Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments.
* Proficient use of a Personal Computer and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Work Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
* Ability to engaging customers.
* Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc.:Local Food handlers permit may be required.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:None
Working Conditions:Retail store environment.
Language Skills:English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Louisville, KY
View similar jobs:
In-store Demo-Event Specialist
CROSSMARK - La Grange, KY
Kentucky CVICU RN Travel Job
Soliant Health - Louisville, KY
In-store Demo-Event Specialist
CROSSMARK - Elizabethtown, KY
Locate this job: