Retail Deli Specialist Job Listing at CROSSMARK in Newark, NJ
Market Title Retail Deli Specialist
Primary Work Location New Jersey-Newark
Position Status Full Time
Average Hours Per Week (Note: These hours are estimated and are subject to frequent increases/decreases due to business needs) 36-40
Summary The Retail Deli Specialist is responsible for the successful execution of retail merchandising and distribution standards at the store level. This position partners closely with the client headquarter sales teams, the deli operations group of key retailers within the assigned market, CROSSMARK Account Executives, and CROSSMARK Dedicated/Retail Team.
Duties and Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with the appropriate client sales team to identify key customers deli operations personnel to develop an in depth understanding of their decision making, communication, and retail execution work processes.
* Develop strong one-on-one relationships with key deli management to influence shelf management practices within the Service and Self-Service Deli areas.
* Analyze market conditions and determine action plans based on judgment independent of direct supervision.
* Work closely with the appropriate client team leaders to gain active participation in Customers District or Regional Deli meetings. Present information to educate and train deli personnel on upcoming deli operations and opportunities such as:
* Product Initiatives
* Promotional Activity
* Distribution and Plan-o-Gram recommendations
* Current Category Trends and Data
* Proactively reporting competitive data to the appropriate sales teams and retail teams to include:
* Point-of-Sale Programs
* New Item Initiatives
* Promotional Activity
* Problem/Opportunity Stores
* Engage every work day with CROSSMARK’S communication tools for the purpose of accurately planning, reporting, and reviewing work.
* Implementation of retail schematics and merchandising materials.
* Retail merchandising of deli and deli-related products.
* Flexibility to participate in team scheduled tasks and client work-withs.
* Active participation in conference calls to review retail store audits conducted by clients to develop and execute action plans and to address key issues and opportunities. The Retail Deli Coordinator is responsible for the execution of the action plans as well as communication to all stakeholders as follow up work is completed.
Note:This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Reliable transportation
* Attendance at client/company meetings as required
* Daily travel required within territory and overnight travel to sales and training meetings quarterly.
Education:Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college of technical school.
Experience:One (1) to two (2) years related deli experience or training.
* The ability to see, hear and speak.
* The ability to stand, stoop, bend, push, pull, climb, grasp and possible other actions as needed for the specific job.
* The ability to routinely lift 15 lbs., and the possibility of lifting up to 35 lbs. depending on the requirements of the specific job.
* A thorough understanding of Retail Deli Operations
* A strong understanding of key retailers, go-to-market strategies and tactics
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proven ability to influence others and achieve results
* Solid understanding of Deli products
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Webmail, Adobe Acrobat.
Working Conditions:Store environment in the Deli Dept.
Language Skills:English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Newark, NJ
View similar jobs:
Assistant Buyer for Food and Beverage Business
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers - Basking Ridge, NJ
AT&T Store Manager I North Brunswick NJ
AT&T - NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ
AT&T Assistant Manager Wayne NJ (Preakness Mall)
AT&T - Wayne, NJ
Locate this job: