Principal: Compensation and Benefits Specialist Job Listing at CSC in Kanata, ON (Job ID 14007OF)
Computers & Information Technology, Software Development
Develops implements and oversees the administration of compensation, benefits, pension, and retirement (retiree medical) programs for a country (or countries). Performs more complex job and salary analyses to evaluate and determine internal equity external competitiveness and legal compliance of the country pay practices. Provides strategic guidance consultation and support in the development and administration of large employee benefit programs including health, welfare, wellness, income protection, pension, retirement and related programs. Works closely with heads of the COE – Compensation and Benefits team and the HRBPs to ensure corporate wide reward plans are properly administered as well as works with CSS to oversee the proper administration of in-country C&B programs. May be assigned to lead and/or participate on project teams within HR and/or the COE – C&B.
Essential Job Functions
• Serves as a compensation and benefits consultant to management regarding total compensation and benefits policies, programs and issues.
• Develops, coordinates, implements and oversees the administration of employee benefit programs such as health, dental, group life, disability, retirement, etc. Provides guidance in the area of governance and may participate on in-country pension and benefit committees
• Oversees and/or prepares complex compensation and benefits reports, programs and proposals and presents finding/recommendations to management.
• Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation and benefits plans and recommends appropriate courses of action.
• Performs more complex analyses of jobs, wages, salaries and organizational structures to evaluate and ensure internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance of the unit's pay practices. Recommends and implements changes to salary ranges, budgets and/or policies. Considers internal and external factors and overall strategic plan.
• As part of the COE, participates in the designs and recommendation of total reward programs to support country and corporate objectives.
• Advises and consults with various levels of management and employees regarding interpretation and application of compensation and benefits policies, programs and issues.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, industrial relations, liberal arts or related field preferred
• Certification in Compensation or Benefits or Human Resources preferred
• Must be currently or have worked as a Compensation and Benefits specialist.
• Must be currently working in an HR role or capacity
• Must have Pension knowledge
• Ten or more years of compensation and benefits experience
• Experience working with compensation and/or benefits principles, practices and procedures
• Experience working with human resources principles, practices and procedures
• Experience working with human resources laws and regulations
• Experience working with management implications of various forms of financial data
• Experience with Country, Provincial and local compensation , benefits and HR laws and regulations
• Strong ability to work in a global matrixed environment.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills for presentation of compensation program/practice recommendations to management
• Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with management and employees on compensation and benefits issues
• Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and concerns and developing and applying solutions
• Strong personal computer and human resources system skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team and lead others
• Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities in the compensation and benefits field
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Petawawa - Customer Service Representative
TD Bank Canada - Petawawa, Canada
Huntsville - Customer Service Representative
TD Bank Canada - Huntsville, Canada
Health Van Driver
VON Canada - Belleville, Canada
Locate this job: