Apply on Company Website
Developer I - Application-040784 Description Job Summary: Codes, debugs, documents, and tests modifications to existing applications as well as new development. Projects will focus very broadly within the [transportation service design business area]. Responsibilities will include existing systems support. Developer I may progress toward opportunity to advance to Developer II role.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and revise existing system maintenance items, logic, and documentation under direct supervision.
- Modify and expand new and existing programs.
- Support applications development team. Conduct tests and assist with analysis of applications to ensure software meets or exceeds requirements and standards, documenting problems, and regression testing to ensure resolution.
- Assist in the research and fact-finding efforts in the development of specifications on small projects.
- Draft and revise test plans for small scope efforts. Limited systems analysis work.
- Work with testing team members to document test cases, expected test results, and test data requirements.
- Work with testing team to execute and modify test scripts and create and modify test data based upon test results.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED required
- 3 or more years of experience required in Transportation, Logistics, or Rail Operations IS/IT project
- Must have experience in the following areas: debugging, quality assurance testing, computer programming, requirements and technical design documentation, full software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts, high-level applications programming languages such as .NET, Java, C#, or Procedure Language (PL)/Structured Query Language (SQL)
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems/Technology/Sciences, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics with a Computer minor, or related major field of study
- Experience in the following areas: debugging, quality assurance testing, computer programming, requirements and technical design documentation, full software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts, high-level applications programming languages such as .NET, Java, C#, or Procedure Language (PL)/Structured Query Language (SQL)
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Information Systems/Technology/Sciences, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics with a Computer minor
- Less than 1 year of experience in Information Technology
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies and their application
- Knowledge of Mainframe, Cobol, CICS, job control language (JCL), DB2 database structure, or IMS
- Knowledge of SQL Anywhere
- Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Visual Sourcesafe or other source control
- Knowledge of Oracle database management system (DBMS)
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge of J2EE methodology
- Knowledge of HTML or XML
- Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Websphere (WSAD, RAD) application development skills
- Written and oral communication skills for working with business partners
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to interact with business partners, vendors, and technical staff
- Ability to think and analyze logically
Competencies: The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 5% travel required.
- May be required to travel to Business Continuity site in support of real or test Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
Safety Commitment: Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile: CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Closing Statement: At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster.
Primary Location : United States-FL-Jacksonville Relocation Available :No Tax Status: Railroad Retirement Overtime Status : Exempt Closing Date : Ongoing Number of Openings : 1 Developing a pool of qualified candidates to fill future vacancies