Apply on Company Website
Description Job Summary:
Fortune 250 company seeking a dynamic individual to help foster growth, efficiency and innovation by serving as a primary financial business partner to the senior leaders of the railroad. This role is critical in providing strategic thought leadership through financial planning and analytical expertise to add value to CSX leadership. Prior railroad experience is not required. However a willingness to learn and apply critical thinking, along with well developed interpersonal and communication skills are necessary for success in this challenging role. CSX headquarters is located in Jacksonville, Florida and offers competitive salaries and benefits including an annual bonus and stock opportunity, medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, Company pension, railroad retirement, paid holidays, wellness program, and many employee discounts and rewards. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Lead financial business planning process for relevant area of the railroad.
- Ongoing analysis and reporting of financial performance versus established targets, prior business results and relevant industry benchmarking.
- Review financial performance with business partners and suggest areas to improve financial performance.
- Identify, lead, and support cross-functional initiatives aimed at improving company performance.
- Accurately forecast financial performance and provide broader strategic view of relevant revenue, expense and capital expenditure areas.
- Manage and develop finance professional staff.
- Ongoing system and process improvements to reporting tools, communications, etc.
- Other relevant financial activities and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited institution required in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related major field of study
- 3 or more years of overall experience focused on economic analysis, decision support, and resource allocation required
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters degree from an accredited institution required in Business Administration (if Bachelors degree is in an unrelated field of study)
- 3 or more years of experience focused economic analysis, decision support, and resource allocation required
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Masters degree in Business Administration
- 5 or more years of experience focused on economic analysis, decision support, and resource allocation
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Experience with executing financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes
- Time management and organizational skills
- Mentorship and staff development skills
- Consultative skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- History of developing effective cross-functional relationships and working collaboratively with business partners to achieve their goals
- Ability to design and deliver presentations for various audiences
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions to business challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership, executive, and external audiences