Apply on Company Website
Description Job Summary: Manages $500M+ in annual revenue. Provides sales leadership in implementing both short and long term business strategies to maximize results for CSX and the International line-of-business (LOB), including but not limited to achieving annual revenue, price, and contribution plans. Manages the sales efforts of five geographically based account focused sales professionals. Establishes and maintains relationships with Intermodal's channel partners, mainly ocean carriers, at a level that provides influence to transportation decision makers in an effort to develop new business opportunities. Works collaboratively with other key business partners to develop and negotiate price proposals and car supply and service packages that meet customers needs and enable CSX to receive the appropriate value for the level of service provided. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
-Implement strategies to generate profitable growth and achieve annual revenue, price and contribution plans.
- Develop and enhance sales team via coaching, performance reviews, improving team member skills with training, holding career development discussions, and recruiting diverse talent for the future.
- Represent CSX as the Director International Sales while leading the customer focused sales effort.
- Take leadership role on cross-functional teams seeking to negotiate long term contracts with major channel partners.
- Provide leadership utilizing integrity and trust to motivate, inspire, and energize sales team members.
- Effectively communicate vision and direction consistent with company and business unit goals.
- Develop, collaborate, and prepare value propositions in support of market objectives that enables CSX to receive the appropriate value for the level of service provided.
- Promote the development of strong long term relationships with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain Intermodal i n dustry knowledge and expertise by attending various industry conferences and seminars.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, Operations, or related major field of study
- 5 or more years of experience required in Business/Strategic Development, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Operations
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited institution required
- 7 or more years of experience required in Business/Strategic Development, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Operations
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Masters degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Operations
- 5 or more years of supervisory work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of rail operations and physical infrastructure
- Knowledge of market, competitive factors, pricing, and financial or physical trading
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to be decisive and exercise good judgment
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities in a high-paced environment
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and executive audiences
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress situations
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to manage a geographic based sales team with significant travel requirements
Competencies: The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 50% travel required.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
- Work inside an office environment.
Company Profile: CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing approximately 30,000 management and union employees. CSXT's primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States. Closing Statement: At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.