Information Engineer II-040498 Description Job Summary: Provides Information Management support to the CSX Technology Core Information and Data Quality Teams. Supports Information Enabled Excellence and other initiatives. Works with cross-functional teams to develop, implement and support Core Information Management strategy; data quality and governance standards. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze data issues, requirements and understand impact of data inconsistencies.
- Develop business solutions to support small to large scale information management projects specifically around data quality and governance.
- Develop Information Management support utilities and tools. Evaluate, implement and use 3rd party information management solutions.
- Identify and build data quality measures and measurements for information management continuous improvement.
- Document information management standards, policies and processes.
- Serve as technical point of contact for business and technology partners as it relates to Information Management, data quality and data governance.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems / Technology or related major field of study
- 5 or more years of experience required in Information Systems / Information Technology (IS/IT)
- High School diploma/GED or Associates degree from an accredited institution required
- 7 or more years of experience in Transportation, Logistics or Rail Operations Information Systems / Technology Projects
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
Knowledge and Skills:
- 7 or more years of experience in Information Management Technologies
- 5 or more years experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Toad, SDLC and Software Development
- 5 or more years of experience with Mainframe (TSO, JCL, QMF)
- Knowledge of multiple business functional / technical areas
- Knowledge of data profiling, standardization, and cleansing
- Written communications skills
- Oral communications skills
- Software Development skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Access, Excel and Visio)
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization efficiently and effectively
- Ability to create clear visual presentations for business and upper management
- Ability to understand data requirements in complex environments
- Ability to understand data within various database platforms
- Ability to think and analyze logically
- Ability to forward-think
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 5% travel required.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile:
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Closing Statement:
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster.
Primary Location : United States-FL-Jacksonville Relocation Available :Yes Tax Status: Railroad Retirement Overtime Status : Exempt Closing Date : Oct 1, 2014, 8:59:00 PM Number of Openings : 1 Developing a pool of qualified candidates to fill future vacancies