Apply on Company Website
Provide senior level architectural oversight, senior level systems administration and management for large scale enterprise server virtualization environment. Evaluate, design and implement both virtualization and cloud solutions that bring value to the business and improve overall IT efficiency and reliability levels. This architect position will be an SME in the core VMware product suite and confident in their knowledge and experience in the surrounding and supporting technologies. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work with systems administrators to architect, plan, and deploy virtualization software infrastructure (VMware, vSphere, vCenter, and associated products).
- Work with cross-functional teams to architect, design, and implement cloud technologies using VMware vCloud Automation Center and associated solutions.
- Enhance service delivery and reporting with automation via PowerShell, vCenter Orchestrator and VMware Cloud Automation Center. Support integration with other key business applications (ITSM, CMDB, Asset Management).
- Establish environmental standards and procedures and ensure configurations are properly documented. Oversee routine hardware and software server audits. Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change controls as required. Architect, design and coordinate implementation of virtualization enhancements to improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Provide advanced technical support to troubleshoot issues and provide resolutions. Perform complex systems tasks. Lead technical team in debugging complex system, application, and user issues. Dissect complex issues, repair, and direct unsolved issues to be resolved. Advise users on system usage. Own and escalate support cases with vendors.
- Configure and support enterprise virtualization and cloud solutions regarding capabilities and relative performance differences between solutions. Evaluate vendor proposals for hardware, software, and cloud solutions.
- Support Disaster Recovery requirements for enterprise server virtualization and cloud environments. Coordinate, schedule, and install virtualization Operating System (OS). Assign personnel to various projects, direct activities, and evaluate work performance.
- Monitor and maintain continuity with virtual software licensing and maintenance agreements. Provide hardware and systems software recommendations for planning and budgeting. Ensure long term requirements of systems operations and administration including overall information systems planning for virtual infrastructure.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- High School diploma/GED required
- 5 or more years of experience required as an IT architect or advanced systems administrator in a large 24x7 production mid-tier environment
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
- 7 or more years of experience in as a systems administrator in a large 24x7 production midtier environment
- 2 or more years of experience as an IT Architect in virtualization environment
- Advanced VMware certifications for virtualization and cloud.
- OS and Network certifications including MCSE, MCITP, RHCE and CCNA ITIL v3 Foundations
- Knowledge of multiple Operating Systems (vSphere, Linux (RHEL 6), Windows (2008, 2012)
- Knowledge of multiple database systems software (Oracle, SQL)
- Advanced knowledge/understanding of Domain Name Service (DNS), Light Weight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Symantec Netbackup software, Network File System (NFS), Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), Transmission Control Protocol Information Protocol (TCP/IP) networking, virtual memory (including swapping and paging), and Redundant Array Inexpensive Disks (RAID
- Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions (EMC, NetApp)
- Knowledge of the wide range of enterprise networking solutions using Cisco infrastructure.
- Protocol (TCP/IP) networking, virtual memory (including swapping and paging), and Redundant Array Inexpensive Disks (RAID)
- Extensive oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for business relationship building
- Ability to effectively communicate/coordinate with cross-functional technical teams and with senior management.
- Ability to debug complex issues with virtualization, hardware and software infrastructure
- Ability to influence
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 5% travel required.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile:
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Closing Statement:
At CSX two of the companyâ€™s core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace. *LI-KM1