IT Architect II - Systems Integration-040497 Description
Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Identifies, analyzes and evaluates alternative integration design solutions. Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches to integration in large programs and projects. Identifies, analyzes and evaluates alternative integration design solutions. Develops measurement criteria to evaluate programs and projects and develops or reviews estimate on integration aspects of projects. Pro-actively monitor and mitigate risk. Stays up to date with current and future technology and technology/business process trends.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain integration artifacts such as Use Cases and Requirement documents (systems level), Interface Control Documents and Data Flow diagrams for programs and large projects.
- Designs quality control and test procedures to ensure integration deliverables meet established design and performance goals.
- Collaborate with testing teams to ensure systems level test coverage.
- Provide governance functions like Release Management and Implementation Management.
- Provide Failure Mode Effects Analysis and/or Gap Analysis for programs and large projects.
- Actively participate in group meetings and deliver complete and organized documentation based on meeting discussion, in the form of notes, requirements, process flows, presentations, action plans, etc.
- Lead/participate in business process engineering.
- Identify gaps, prototype and develop solutions and transition technology from research to development and to operations.
- Facilitate integration solutions and technical integration of components.
- Develop processes for software distribution, availability monitoring, disaster recovery testing.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- 5 or more years of experience required in Systems Integration, Software Development, System Administration, Business Analyst, or Project Management
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution required
- 10 or more years of experience required in Systems Integration, Software Development, System Administration, Business Analyst, or Project Management
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Business Administration or related fields of study
- 10 or more years of experience in Systems Integration, including aspects of Software Development or System Administration.
- Experience as Business Analyst or in Project Management
- 1 or more years programming experience
- 1 or more years of systems administration experience
- Certifications/Licenses: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Interviewing skills for data gathering
- Requirements and technical specifications documentation skills
- Working knowledge of object oriented design
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Must be able to take ambiguously defined problems and translate them into an action plan, then drive the action plan to an implemented solution
- Working knowledge of databases / data structure
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and coaching skills
- Conflict management, coaching, and problem resolution skills
- Ability to use multiple tools and techniques to facilitate the design, development, and integration of business systems
- The ability and flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Develops and maintains high level of technical knowledge of technology/business process trends
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Time management and organizational planning skills
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities.
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods.
CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL.
At CSX two of the company’s core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.
Primary Location : United States-FL-Jacksonville Relocation Available :Yes Tax Status: Railroad Retirement Overtime Status : Exempt Closing Date : Oct 8, 2014, 8:59:00 PM Number of Openings : 1 Developing a pool of qualified candidates to fill future vacancies