Apply on Company Website
Description Job Summary:
Provide revenue and operating performance analysis and overall financial support for a Fortune 250 transportation company in Jacksonville, FL. Serves as a consltative partner to business leaders to analyze complex business issues, develop fact-based recommendations, influence outcomes, and drive the implementation of processes that result in improved financial performance. Provides informal mentoring to junior-level Finance employees to foster their career growth. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex business issues including commercial and operating proposals, business segment profitability, marketing and pricing initiatives, proposed capital investments, fleet capacity decisions, productivity initiatives, labor negotiations, and supplier contracts.
- Develop and utilize financial models to quantify benefits and drive sound economic trade-off decisions related to alternative commercial or operating strategies.
- Benchmark internal and external business practices, processes, and strategies.
- Guide the development of short- and long-term forecasts, plans, and strategies. Measure performance of business units/company versus plan, provide updated forecasts and variance explanations. Develop action plans, as appropriate, to address identified issues, and drive implementation of action plans.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key business partners to facilitate turning financial information into tangible actions.
- Consult with internal business leaders to develop financial analyses and strategies to maximize enterprise value.
- Effectively communicate and influence the adoption of recommendations and strategies that drive financial performance.
- Works autonomously in an individual contributor role and informally coaches, trains, and develops junior-level Finance employees.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution required in Business Administration or Finance
- 4 or more years of full time work experience required AND 2 or more years of experience required in a Finance role with responsibility for the financial analysis of key business issues including capital expenditures, business segment profitability, and productivity initiatives
- Proven track record of delivering solutions that have had measurable and positive financial impact required
- Demonstrated increases in scope of analytical and/or management responsibility required
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Master's degree in Business Administration with an undergraduate concentration in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Computer, or other Science
- 8 or more years of full time work experience AND 4 or more years in a Finance role with responsibility for the financial analysis of key business issues including capital expenditures, business segment profitability, and productivity initiatives
- 5 or more years of experience in a transportation, utility, or manufacturing firm
- Demonstrable experience in one or more Operational management role(s)
- Experience with internal and external resources in developing and implementing decision support tools
- Experience interacting with Executive Level Leadership
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of financial concepts, discounted cash flow models, and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of cost allocation methodologies and the application of technology for decision support systems
- Microsoft Office Skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand, create, maintain, and modify complex financial models
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and build working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to independently participate in and lead complex cross-functional project teams including directing or influencing the direction or activities of the team as appropriate
Competencies: The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
Safety Commitment: Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile: CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. Closing Statement: At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. Employees should complete one year in their current position before applying for a new position. As a matter of policy, they are required to notify their manager if selected for an interview. An email notification will be sent to their manager within 24 hours of their interview being scheduled. CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace. *LI-MM1