Manager Work Equipment - Safety/Compliance-040453 Description Job Summary:
Manages the safe operation of Bryan Park Roadway Shop employees performing repair and rebuild of roadway equipment. Manage Mechanics safety, quality, and timely performance during daily operations. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Communicate the safety plan outlined by the Engineering Departments to promote and provide a safe working environment. Ensure proper use of tools, equipment, policies and procedures
- Facilitate, develop, and schedule all certification/safety training
- Ensure equipment complies with Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), CSX rules and regulations
- Manage environmental compliance and maintain corresponding records
- Ensure facility OSHA requirements while managing maintenance of facility
- Supervise the mechanics production and quality rebuild/repair of equipment to remain on-time and on-budget through effective planning and execution
- Complete required documents and reports
- Assist management of Plant operations and maintenance as well as production schedules and goals for the Bryan Park Engineering Shop. Participate in developing plans and processes that minimize cost through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, and materials. Oversee budgets and parts inventory
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- High School diploma/GED or Associates degree from an accredited institution required
- 3 or more years of experience in Heavy Equipment Maintenance or 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Equipment Maintenance required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in Equipment Maintenance
- Knowledge of labor agreements applicable to work equipment/Mechanics
- Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) rules and regulations as they apply to Work Equipment
- Knowledge of railroad roadway equipment repair
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic components
- Coaching skills (to include leading diverse groups)
- Knowledge of OSHA facility regulations
- Ability to facilitate/teach training sessions
- Ability to demonstrate coaching skills to effectively lead a diverse group of people
- Inventory Management skills
- Microsoft Office skills
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 20% travel required.
- Wear protective equipment such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection, steel-toe boots, work boots, safety vest, face shield and safety glasses.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- Work hours may include on call 7 days a week, 24 hours per day, with extended periods of time away from home.
- Federal regulations require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Work with equipment that intensifies the heat factor.
- Work with hazardous materials on an occasional basis.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. This is a safety sensitive position. The candidate selected for this position must successfully complete a full physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position. All candidates' safety records will be reviewed and considered when evaluating the candidate pool. Company Profile:
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing approximately 30,000 management and union employees. CSXT's primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States. Closing Statement:
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster.
Primary Location : United States-VA-Richmond Relocation Available :Yes Tax Status: Railroad Retirement Overtime Status : Exempt Closing Date : Sep 26, 2014, 8:59:00 PM Number of Openings : 1