Description Job Summary: Dispositions and manages real property assets through sales and leasing as well as other real estate activities within an assigned geographic territory or area of specialty. Generates cash and gain from the sales and leasing activities with the goal of achieving and exceeding established plan targets, mitigates risks associated with use of the real estate, and handles political matters involving real estate. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates sales, leases, and/or licenses of CSX properties, including commercial, industrial and residential land, to maximize the value received for the property or for use of the property and to minimize liability and risk to the company.
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge of the current real estate portfolio and territory as well as maintains in-depth knowledge of market conditions that affect real estate decision making process.
- Interfaces with CSX Transportation departments and affiliates to facilitate and obtain internal approvals to sell or lease property.
- Develops, implements, and administers departmental performance and financial objectives, policies, processes, capital projects, and priorities. Identifies resource needs and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Proactively markets CSX properties to identify buyers and/or users.
- Serves as real estate expert and consultant to CSX and its affiliates.
- Provides leadership and indirect management to departmental team for contract negotiation and/or risk mitigation.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required
- More than 5 years of experience required in Business or Real Estate
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, the following are preferred:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Masters degree in Real Estate or Business Administration
- Microsoft Office skills
- Real estate knowledge
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- Work hours varying in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- 20-50% travel required.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
- Work inside an office environment.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
Safety Commitment: Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile: CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing approximately 30,000 management and union employees. CSXT's primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States. Closing Statement: At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.