Senior Software Engineer - Maximo-040478 Description Job Summary:
Defines asset management system scope, objectives, and requirements, and is a top-level technical expert in configuring and customizing the IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. Translates functional requirements into working solutions based on the Maximo framework. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Create system designs to facilitate the inter-operability of large-scale business systems focused on asset management and utilization.
- Prepare detailed specifications for large complex projects and design solutions for complex business problems.
- Document test cases, expected test results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams and business partners to resolve testing problems.
- Code, debug, test and support utilities, tools, and frameworks to support the application development process.
- Provide leadership and Maximo technical direction to team members and monitor the deliverables of the technical team.
- Serve as technical point of contact for business partners and other technology areas; and perform project management tasks as needed.
- Support asset management best practice definition and implementation.
- Configure and customize Maximo to meet business objectives and define tactical / strategic asset management objectives.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, or related major field of study
- 5 or more years of experience required in Information Systems/Technology (IS/IT)
- Maximo and asset management related implementation/development experience
Preferred Qualifications In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- High school diploma/GED or Associates degree from an accredited institution required
- 7 or more years of experience required in Transportation, Logistics, or Rail Operations IS/IT project
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
- 7 or more years of experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Rail Operations IS/IT projects
- Knowledge of a wide range of technical systems or expertise in a more narrow range
- Knowledge of multiple business functional / technical areas
- Knowledge of common software design patterns (Model-View-Controller, Singleton etc.)
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use multiple tools and techniques to facilitate the design, development, and integration of business systems
- Ability to develop increasingly complex business systems
- Ability to contingency plan, analyze systems for efficiencies, and develop test case scenarios
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with all levels of audiences
- Ability to lead the development and deployment of J2EE based applications
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- Work indoors in an office environment and support field implementations
- Work hours include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be on weekends or outside standard working hours.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- May be required to travel to Business Continuity site in support of real or test Disaster Recovery exercises.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile:
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Closing Statement:
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster.
Primary Location : United States-FL-Jacksonville Relocation Available :Yes Tax Status: Railroad Retirement Overtime Status : Exempt Closing Date : Ongoing Number of Openings : 1 Developing a pool of qualified candidates to fill future vacancies