Apply on Company Website
Description Job Summary:
Provides systems administration, support, and management for large scale enterprise storage environment. Performs all standard storage administration tasks including the enhancements/upgrades of the existing storage hardware/software solutions, provisioning of storage, performance analysis of storage arrays as well as performing problem diagnostics and resolution in a very diverse storage infrastructure. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with both management and other technical resources and work effectively with storage vendors is required. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and customize storage management hardware and software infrastructure as required to meet business needs.
- Provision storage resources.
- Support Enterprise Storage Areas Network (SAN) environment including fiber channel directors/switches.
- Configure, customize and support Network Attached Storage (NAS) environment.
- Establish, maintain, and document standards, procedures, and configurations. Conduct routine monitoring audits. Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change controls. Implement enhancements to improve the system reliability and performance.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide resolutions. Perform complex systems tasks. Debug complex system, application, and user issues. Dissect complex issues/repairs and direct unsolved issues to be resolved. Advise users on system usage.
- Support 24x7 on-call rotation and disaster recovery. Coordinate, schedule, and install various supporting software packages. Assign personnel to various projects, direct activities, and evaluate work performance.
- Monitor and maintain continuity with storage systems hardware/software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new agreements. Provide hardware and systems software recommendations for planning and budgeting.
- Ensure alignment with long term monitoring strategy and systems operation, administration, and overall information systems planning related requirements.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED degree from an accredited institution required
- 7 or more years of experience required in Systems Administration in a large 24x7 production environment with emphasis on storage administration
- Associates degree from an accredited institution required
- 5 or more years of experience required in Systems Administration in a large 24x7 production environment with emphasis on storage administration
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
- 7 or more years experience in Systems Administration in a large 24x7 production environment
- Knowledge of Ionix monitoring suite
- Advanced knowledge of EMC Enterprise disk arrays (including Symmetrix, VMAX, Clariion VNX, VPLEX, Celerra, Centera) and associated management tools (Navisphere, Unisphere, Symmetrix Management Console, Unisphere for VMAX, Symmetrix Command Line Interface, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, EMC Control Center)
- Knowledge of system networking and security
- Knowledge of Storage Management tasks utilizing VMAX, VNX and NetApp virtualization and deduplication technologies
- Knowledge of Network Attached Storage (NAS) for EMC Celerra and NetApp Data Storage Systems
- Knowledge of disk replication technology using EMC Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF) and Recoverpoint software
- Knowledge of Unix (Linux) and virtualization (VMware) operating systems
- Knowledge of mid-tier disk multipathing software (EMC Powerpath)
- Knowledge of Data Access Storage Device (DASD)
- Knowledge of EMC partner products (i.e, Hyperic, Integrien Alive)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Working knowledge of Domain Name Service (DNS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Symantec Netbackup software, Network File System (NFS), Veritas Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), Transmission Control Protocol Information Protocol (TCP/IP) networking, virtual memory (including swapping and paging), and Redundant Array Inexpensive Disks (RAID)
- Knowledge of hardware and ability to perform hardware monitoring/maintenance
- Knowledge of Ionix monitoring suite
- Written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Collaboration skills
- Mid-tier Storage Management skills including management of Storage Area Network directors and switches, CISCO MDS and Brocade DCX
- Ability to perform hardware monitoring/maintenance Ability to debug complex issues with hardware and software infrastructure
- Ability to correlate alerts and events into single point of failure
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with both management and other technical resources (i.e., storage vendors)
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 5% travel required.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard workweek).
- Work hours include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be on weekends or outside standard work hours.
- Will be required to travel to Business Continity site in support of real or test disaster recovery exercieses.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
- Work in confined spaces is involved when configuring servers, storage devises or racks.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities. Company Profile:
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods. CSX Technology provides a wide range of information technology applications. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking, and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture, and network management. CSX Technology is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Closing Statement:
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.