Apply on Company Website
Description Job Summary:
Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting audit procedures for compliance, financial, information technology, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and internal controls projects. Also includes providing input to the development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment. Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administers surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers.
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being analyzed or reviewed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of Internal Audit and Compliance (IAC) projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Develop and maintain productive auditee and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with coworkers.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating CSX’s risk areas and provide input to the development of the annual IAC Audit Plan.
- Prepare continuous monitoring analyses and reports using analytic software ACL.
- Implement and maintain a process for clarifying and communicating policy ambiguities and lack of policy compliance to policy owners, employees, and employee supervisors, based on continuous monitoring analyses.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required in Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, or a related major field of study
- 2-11 months of experience required in Auditing, Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, or a related area
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or Information Systems/Technology
- 1 or more years of experience in , Auditing, Computer Science, or Information Systems/Technology, or
- Certifications/Licenses: Certified Public Accountant (CPA),Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and technology governance principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices
- Knowledge and skill applying management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices, especially in the testing of SOX IT General Computer Controls
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Control Objectives for Information Technology (COBIT), Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Skill in personal planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
- Skill in using a computer with ACL, word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and other external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility. Job Requirements:
- 5% travel required.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.