Senior Software Test Engineer Job Listing at Cubic Corporation in USA (Job ID cubic-4470)
Aerospace / Defense, Manufacturing
Senior Software Test Engineer
Job ID 2012-4470
# Positions 1
Posted Date 12/11/2012
Location US-CA-San Diego
Job Status Full-time
More information about this job:
In concert with the System Test Manager, is responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across all projects. This person will interface with Central Computer and Device software development, System Integration testing, Project Engineers, System Deployment, hardware engineering and production engineering to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Works with Project engineer and other engineering leads to develop system requirements
* Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
* Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
* Identifies test resources and need dates.
* Prepares software test status reports and presents status to management and customers.
* Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
* Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment (STE).
* Conducts integration and formal system tests.
* Maintains the test requirements database.
* Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
* Provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
* Develops and manages test budgets and schedules.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
* Interfaces with customers, contractors, and vendors.
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
* Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
* Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet contractual requirements.
* Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
* Actively drives the management and resolution of system ARQs and Issues.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience, or a Master’s of Science degree plus three years of experience. Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture, embedded processing, and operating systems. Necessary computer skills include: knowledge of JAVA, C/C++, TCP/IP, UNIX, Visual Basic, PERL, SQL Queries, and HP Quality Center as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office Applications. Use of drawing tools such as AutoCAD is helpful. Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets. Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints. Use of standard hand tools, and special and general purpose test equipment. Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary in performing on-site testing.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend
Cubic will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals with disabilities to participate in the hiring process. To request an accommodation with the hiring process, please send an email toApply Assistanceand a Cubic staffing representative will contact you.
Cubic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Officer - Engineering - CHJ
3M - CHN
Tech Support Engineer II
EMC - Draper, UT
Sr Associate QA
Kelly Services - Juncos, PR
Locate this job: