General Maintenance Technician Job Listing at Cumberland Farms in Hartford, CT (Job ID cumberlandfarms-1376)
General Maintenance Technician
* Location(s):Hartford, CT
* Qualifications:High School Or Equivalent
* Post Date:10/1/2012
Cumberland Farms is currently seeking a General Maintenance Technician in Hartford, CT!
Cumberland Farms was founded in 1939 by Vasilios and Aphrodite Haseotes. In 1962, Cumberland Farms opened up the first ever convenience store in the Northeast. Today, the company offers its services through a network of retail stores, gas stations, and a support system, including petroleum and grocery distribution operations. It also purchases, sells, leases, and manages commercial strip centers, gasoline stations, and retail outlets in the Northeast, the Mid-Atlantic region, and Florida. Cumberland Farms is based in Framingham, MA with almost 600 stores in 11 states, and over 6,000 employees.
At Cumberland Farms, we want you to get the absolute most from your job. Beyond just competitive pay and extensive benefits, we want you to find everyday enjoyment and everyday fulfillment working with us. We aim to give you the excitement you want, the career growth you crave, and the utmost respect you deserve.
To support our company's strategic initiatives and continued growth, we are currently seeking world-class talent to join our Facilities Support Services Department as a General Maintenance Technician. The General Maintenance Technician will be responsible for traveling to store locations and performing general building maintenance repairs and services; including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, roof, signage, fencing, power washing, performing repairs on beverage dispensing and food service equipment, delivering and installing equipment, and performing quality inspections on work performed by outside vendors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Perform general building maintenance repairs and services.
2. Receive and triage incoming requests for service via email, travel to store locations and conduct repairs. Use tablet computer or smart phone to update service work order status and parts used. Work orders for preventive maintenance are scheduled and managed with our web based work order management system.
3. Reduce costs by performing service in house.
4. Perform preventive maintenance inspections.
5. Reduce equipment downtime and extend the life of equipment
6. Receive and perform emergency on call services.
7. Ensure scheduled maintenance is performed on service truck at required intervals and maintain tools & parts inventory assigned to service truck.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. 3+ years of experience in field service or technical training in a related area.
3. Knowledge of light plumbing, including running and sweating of copper and nylon piping, and repairing fixtures.
4. Knowledge of carpentry and general maintenance.
5. Trade school, HVAC experience, or experience repairing food service equipment such as ovens, grills, warmers, and coffee brewers desired.
6. Clean driving record.
7. Ability to lift 80 pounds.
Cumberland Farms, Inc. does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The goal of Cumberland Farms, Inc. is to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment. We believe in promoting fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, or basis protected by statue.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Automotive jobs in Connecticut Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Goodyear - New London, CT
Automotive Lead Technician
Bridgestone - Firestone - Vernon, CT
Ryder - Hartford, CT
Locate this job: