Safety Manager IL IN KY MI MO WI Job Listing at CVS Caremark in Work from home, IL
Job Category: Program Management
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Safety Manager - IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, WI. This management position is directly responsible for the overall Safety Program within their assigned Area. Accountable to workers compensation, general liability frequency and severity rates, as well as ensuring adherence to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Accountable for ensuring safety procedures are being complied within all levels of retail operations for assigned Area. Accountable for supporting the treasury department and EHS initiatives making safety a priority in all facets of day-to-day business.
Directly responsible for safety related activities within assigned Area.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements to include managing all state mandated safety programs, handle OSHA reporting and investigations.
• Be an active partner with internal CVS groups / project teams and act as CVS’ liaison to external agencies, and third party vendors to manage overall risk and reduce costs associated with identified risks.
• Evaluates the overall cost of risk to CVS and provides guidance and assistance in the development of strategies to continually reduce these incidents, and enhance return to work programs with the Workers Compensation group.
• Participate in meetings and or conference calls each quarter to discuss safety matters with assigned Regions and or District management.
• Participate in the development and implementation of safety training for assigned regions to reduce risk and increase efficiencies in the work flow process.
• Work with store operations management to ensure all levels of Safety training is conducted, completed and monitored in the prescribed time frames and frequency.
• Conduct in store compliance audits and provide guidance on corrective action and follow up in a timely manner to ensure compliance is accurately maintained. Required Qualifications:
80% travel required within area including overnights. 5 plus years of experience handling safety management programs. Prior experience working with OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Knowledge of fire protection, OSHA (CAL OSHA for west coast), and hazardous materials regulations. Ability to implement programs that are designed to mitigate risk and reduce claims for assigned region. Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Must be able to work within a team environment and independently. Must possess the ability to work within the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Access, etc. Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent professional experience. Education:
Verifiable High School Diploma or GED. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Transportation jobs in Illinois Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Owner Operator Truck Drivers Needed
Roadrunner Transportation - Rockford, IL
Owner Operator Truck Drivers Needed
Roadrunner Transportation - Peoria, IL
PT PRELOAD SUPERVISOR
UPS - FREEPORT, IL
Locate this job: