Senior Director Store Brands Job Listing at CVS Caremark in Woonsocket, RI
Job Category: Merchandising
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
The Sr. Director, Store Brands will lead the Store Brands brand team, the role encompasses the development and innovation of brands within the store brands organization; the strategic and everyday governance of brands as well as leadership of the development of annual brand goals and marketing plans across the entire store brands portfolio. The Senior Director plays a key role in creating and executing the brand strategy for our growing Store Brands portfolio. This leadership encompasses continual assessment of all brands within the portfolio, brand positioning, brand creation based on customer and company needs as well as brand elimination. On an annual basis the Senior Director is responsible for leading annual brand planning and goal setting as well as lead the development of compelling high ROI marketing investment from store level signing and placement to digital investment. The Senior Director is also responsible for establishing and maintaining governance of the brands within the portfolio from management of brand books and style guides through determination of quality, product and packaging standards.
• Lead strategic development and collaboration on the overall brand marketing efforts.
• Overall development and management of the total brand portfolio to drive incremental sales and profits for the enterprise as well as enhancing loyalty metrics to drive sustained differentiation for the retail brand.
• Lead, from a brand perspective, the development of the company’s total Store Brand Strategy including long term financial measures and business case, including long term penetration and customer goals.
• Manage the development of marketing plans to drive revenue, profit and growth for the store brands portfolio.
• Partner with the leaders in Retail Merchandising to ensure that the advertising and promotional activities meet overall company P&L requirements.
• Develop and manage the store brands marketing budget to achieve positive ROI on programs that strengthen brand equity.
• Possess a keen awareness of key socio economic and consumer trends in order to remain ahead of the curve as it relates to potential brand and product opportunities.
• Provide guidance and recommendations to better align and optimize the product portfolio against consumer expectations and needs, new product and SKU opportunities and any competitive gaps in the market.
• Lead extensive market and customer research to identify consumer insights, need states and to uncover new brand white space opportunities, brand extension and product opportunities.
• Lead creative governance and standards for all brands including brand “reasons to be”, positioning, quality and packaging standards.
• Build and manage capability as a global product and technology fast follower in key businesses via consistent review of non standard domestic channels and global product and customer trends.
• Establish and manage key health metrics and standards and protocols for brand management through all elements of the brand lifecycle from conception and go-no go decisions through brand exit management.
• Build and develop high performing teams. Identify and select the most effective associates, develop performance measures and goals which meet CVS strategic plans and measure, monitor and hold associates accountable to goals.
• Continually sustain a strong understanding of current competition; as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
• Develop and cultivate effective collaborative teams within CVS support areas of Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
• Willingness to travel 5-10%. Required Qualifications:
10+ years experience within CPG and/or Store Brand/Retail organizations. Proven ability to manage and develop a brand portfolio both on an individual brand and total portfolio basis. Proven ability to determine brand roles, develop compelling propositions as well as lead and build positive ROI tactical marketing and go to market plans. Experience with brands at all points of the lifecycle. Delivers Results. Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance . . . clearly wants to win. Manages and Develops Talent. Provide opportunities, guidance and feedback to develop colleagues and ensure a pipeline of talent for the future. Impacts and Influences Others. Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in the best interests of the company. Demonstrates a Deep Understanding of Our Business. Develops and applies a deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients. Drives Speed and Innovation. Challenges self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the market-maker. Focuses on the Customer and Market. Continuously evaluates what’s important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations. Thinks and Acts Strategically. Anticipates business opportunities and challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives. Makes Sound Business Decisions. Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems. Partners Across Boundaries. Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company toward the common good of CVS Caremark. Preferred Qualifications:
Ideally a mix of experience within both CPG and Store Brand/Retail organizations 10+ years experience in a retail organization; or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred Prior management of a professional retail merchandising staff. Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application Proven experience to develop and implement strategies to grow sales and margin Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge Education:
Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Providence, RI
View similar jobs:
Manager III Log Ops Trn & Net
CVS Caremark - Woonsocket, RI
Production Coordinator Weekly Ad
CVS Caremark - Woonsocket, RI
Manager Enterprise Innovation
CVS Caremark - Woonsocket, RI
Locate this job: