Strategic Product Development MBA Corporate Intern Job Listing at CVS Caremark in Woonsocket, RI
Job Category: Analytics, Intern
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
CVS Caremark offers a comprehensive, structured internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 20 company. Program components include:
- Working on real time projects and initiatives while contributing directly to your department’s performance
- Structured orientation and overall program plan
- Feedback and career development discussions with your leader
- Networking with other leaders in the organization including executive leader touch bases
- Developmental and social activity participation with other current interns and previous interns now in permanent roles within the organization
- Opportunity to learn about the CVS Caremark organization as a whole, outside of your particular business unit
- Competitive compensation including hourly rate; additional potential stipend may be available for select candidates based on individual relocation and housing needs
Are you interested in helping define, develop, and delivery new patient care programs that improve health outcomes, healthcare efficiency and/or affordability? What about defining, building, and implementing these solutions in an organization where they will improve the lives of millions of consumers? Can you see yourself working in collaboration with the nation’s leading integrated delivery networks and/or healthcare payors to address some of the greatest emerging opportunities created through healthcare reform?
The Strategic Product Development Intern resides within the Strategic Product Development Group in Retail Pharmacy. The Intern role is a key contributor in the development of company-wide strategic service offerings and new business opportunities. The Intern will have an opportunity to assess, define, and help develop a program that further supports patient care coordination between the retail pharmacy and other constituents in the healthcare ecosystem (e.g. payors, providers). In addition, the Intern will participate in the development and implementation of a clinical patient care solution that will be delivered by the retail pharmacy team (pharmacy staff). The position offers opportunities to learn about solution definition, testing, and implementation of new products and services needed to support the future growth of the company.
- Lead the assessment and planning for a new strategic service that incorporates the company’s assets and delivery methods. Ultimately the Intern will complete a well-developed assessment of a business opportunity with specific recommendations that will enable the leadership team to make critical go/no go decisions.
- Scope, plan, and perform quantitative analyses that will yield critical answers to the questions at hand. Understand and procure the required information to complete the analyses. Manage the delivery of timely, zero-defect analyses
- Support Retail Pharmacy leadership team to develop a strategic perspective on existing and new retail pharmacy opportunities (e.g. high-potential products and services) including sizing and assessing markets, identifying risks/benefits of opportunities and recommending clinical growth strategies Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience required - Candidates must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. - Candidates should possess leadership qualities and skills and be studying in a program related to their department of interest - Candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the program. - Candidates must pass a background check and drug test prior to hiring and being officially accepted into the program. - Candidates should be able to work in the United States with no restrictions. - Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success. - Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative portfolio and growth analysis - Strong Interest in Health Care: A history of work in the health care industry and an ongoing desire to make one of the world’s strongest health care companies even stronger - Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization. - Team Leadership: A highly developed ability to manage, develop, and mentor more junior team members to successfully evaluate complex business opportunities - Initiative: Ability to think creatively and be a self-starter with limited guidance and coaching and to proactively develop and present potential solutions - Influence: The ability to foster effective working relations with and persuade diverse business leaders based on fact and reason with an emphasis on achieving tangible results Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience at both a strategic consulting firm and a health care company or product/business development function. - Healthcare is extremely helpful. Education:
- Candidates for MBA internships must be enrolled in a one or two year MBA program. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Providence, RI
View similar jobs:
Senior Manager, Mall Distribution
American Express - Providence, RI
SR. QA ANALYST
CVS Caremark - CUMBERLAND, RI
Client Benefit Analyst
CVS Caremark - Lincoln, RI
Locate this job: