RPG Development Advisor Job Listing at CVS Caremark in Buffalo Grove, IL
Job Category: Information Systems
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Works closely with project teams to provide solutions to complex
* Technical or Business requirements or Client needs, including technical design, problem resolution, implementation and operational issues.
* Partners with project leader or manager, as appropriate, to identify technical requirements and alternatives to accomplish project, while providing accurate estimates for project development and implementation. Work with management to meet those estimates.
* Assist in establishment of and adherence to technical direction, standards, guidelines and methodology for use in specified technologies in own discipline.
* Play lead role as needed in technically complex phases or projects/initiatives, take accountability for technical quality and workability of solutions.
* Solve highly technical and complex problems.
* Transfer knowledge to team members through counseling and consultation. Participate in interviewing for team and provide feedback on candidates' technical expertise.
* Serve as R&D virtual team member to research, recommend and drive implementation of new technologies.
* Share expertise throughout organization educating through formal or informal means (e.g., by presenting at brown bag lunches). Required Qualifications:
More than 6+ years of demonstrated leadership in application development (SDLC) or technical operations environment. * IBM AS/400, Synon/2e, Cool2e, RPG experience required. * Enterprise Level Project Management Experience Required. * Experience with Clarity Required. * Experience providing effective solutions based on subject matter expertise. * Experience in leading technical aspects of a project effectively. * Experience managing customer requirements or demands. Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with RxClaim or other PBM system is highly preferred. * Thorough understanding of platforms/application or software product used by CVS Caremark, with advanced knowledge of at least one or more products preferred. * Consulting skills. Education:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required, two additional years of experience are required for each year of college not attained. * Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Human Factor Engineer - User Experience Analyst - Location Negotiable +
Accenture - Chicago, IL
Human Factor Engineer - User Experience Senior Manager - Location Negotiable +
Accenture - Chicago, IL
Sr. Software Engineer
Kelly Services - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: