Assistant Director of Conference Services Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Leesburg, VA
Assistant Director of Conference Services
Property Lansdowne Resort
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients’ expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Located near historic Leesburg, Virginia, and bordering the Potomac River, the AAA four diamond Lansdowne Resort is nestled in Loudoun County, Virginia’s famed wine country,” just eight miles from Washington Dulles International Airport and 30 miles from Washington, D.C. For business or pleasure, Lansdowne Resort is a one of a kind destination…there’s simply nothing in the Washington, DC area that compares. There are 296 deluxe guest rooms, including 14 suites; overlooking panoramic views of the property’s championship golf courses. Amenities include 5 restaurants and lounges, 50,000 sq. ft. of IACC certified conference space and multiple vistas for weddings and social events. Additionally, the property has a 12,000 sq. ft. destination spa; Spa Minerale, along with a five pool indoor/outdoor aquatic complex and fitness center. The Golf Club at Lansdowne offers 45-holes golf designed by world-renowned golf course architects Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and Greg Norman.
Train, supervise and lead all Conference Services staff, in order to ensure the highest levels of planning, merchandising and execution of meeting/conference business. Coordinates all details and menus for clients’ functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation of upsell opportunities while controlling expenditures. Direct, implements and maintains a management philosophy which serves as s a guide to Conference Services staff. To mentor, develop, coach and provide leadership to the conference floor operation, conference concierge, conference planning, and Audio Visual departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
• Ensure client files are kept organized and current with all required information
• Communicate with clients to discuss details of their events in a timely and well organized manner
• Suggestively sell menus & services which meet client’s needs and maximize revenues
• Ensure that all definite functions are detailed accurately on resumes and CEO’s and distributed to designated departments a minimum of ten (10) working days prior to function/event
• Review estimated guarantees and ensure final guarantees are obtained three (3) business days prior to scheduled function. Ensure that minimum guarantee policy and overset figures comply with established standards
• Monitor changes to resumes and banquet event orders; ensure that accurate information is communicated to respective departments on a timely basis in order to best service the client
• Attend and Lead CEO and Resume meetings
• Check function room set-ups prior to guest’s arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with clients requirements and resort standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by respective personnel
• Observe the quality of food presentation. Ensure that standards are met and exceeded.
• Work with Executive Chef and Director of F&B to develop and implement banquet menus
• Assist Director of Conference Services with ongoing financial forecasting tools for Banquet food and beverage and ancillary conference services revenue
• Foster and promote a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and team member morale for all departments involved
• Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas
• Uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
• Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues
• Attends all scheduled staff and employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
• Willing and timely execution of other duties as delegated by leadership
·Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Conference Manager
·Strong communication and excellent customer service skills
Job Type Full Time
Type of Position Entry Level Management
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Tysons, VA
View similar jobs:
Loan Administration Manager 3
Wells Fargo - McLean, VA
Loan Servicing Specialist 3
Wells Fargo - Frederick, MD
Speech Language Pathologist - SLP Job in Frederick County, MD Area Schools
Soliant Health - Frederick County, MD
Locate this job: