Banquet Bartender Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Sunriver, OR
Property Sunriver Resort
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients’ expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon . Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine’s coveted Gold Medal as one of America’s best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests courteously and efficiently according to Hotel specifications. Maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of Banquet bar and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function:
o Liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic beverages ordered.
o Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagnes ordered.
o Prices for specified bar selections.
o Designated glassware, ingredients, preparation method and garnishes required.
o Group name, type of function and expected attendance.
o Scheduled hours of service.
o Special requests/arrangements.
o Location of bar in function room.
o Order of service.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
· Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
· Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
· Complete opening side duties:
o Check quality and set up designated bar stock and supplies by using checklist.
o Requisition all necessary supplies.
o Transport supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area.
o Stock ice.
o Prepare garnishes.
o Stock glassware and paper supplies.
o Prepare mixes.
o Check cleanliness and condition of bar unit (C02 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.).
o Check condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools.
o Check temperature of refrigeration units.
· Transport bar unit with all supplies and equipment to assigned function area and set up in specified location. Ensure security of all bar supplies in function area.
· Greet guests and take their orders, utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
· Input orders into system; legibly document orders when system is down.
· Ensure that all cash bar drink orders from Servers are accurately rung into the P.O.S. system or collect drink tickets before giving drinks to them.
· Prepare all drink orders for guests according to specified recipes.
· Provide club service for designated beverages.
· Serve drinks to guests.
· Collect drink tickets where specified.
· Issue, open and serve wine/champagne bottles; collect payment/tickets where specified.
· Prepare and serve cappuccino and espresso.
· Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
· Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time. Ensure proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
· Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests, Banquet Supervisor and Servers.
· Transport bar unit with all supplies and equipment from function area to designated area and breakdown the bar.
· Prepare consumption report promptly according to specified procedures.
· Present guest check and process payment. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
· Tip out Servers at the end of their shift; collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
· Legibly complete bottle transfer slips and distribute accurately.
· Legibly document designated items on the spill sheet.
· Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
· Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
· Complete closing side duties:
oProperly store all reusable goods in designated areas.
oEmpty and drain ice bins; clean sink.
oWipes clean all surfaces of bar; clean all bar equipment and tools.
oWipe down all bottles and surfaces.
oSecure all liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets and storage areas.
Required Qualifications · Meets age to serve alcoholic beverages.
· Has prior experience as a Bartender or Barback.
· Food handling certificate.
· Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
· Provide legible communication.
· Compute basic arithmetic.
· Ability to:
o Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
o Prioritize and organize.
o Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
o Follow directions thoroughly.
o Understand guest’s service needs.
o Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
o Work with minimal supervision.
o Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards.
Job Type Seasonal Full Time
Type of Position Hourly Position
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
McDonald's - LaGrande, OR
McDonald's - Goldendale, OR
Coos Bay Quality Inn and Suites - Housekeeping
Florencein, Inc. - Coos Bay/North Bend, OR
Locate this job: