Banquet Houseperson Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Stevenson, WA
Property Skamania Lodge
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients’ expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Incorporating timber, stone, custom-designed furnishings, and an extraordinary collection of Native American and Northwest art, Skamania Lodge® is a Portland, Oregon vacation destination that resonates with the charm of an early 20th -century great lodge while offering all the accommodations, amenities and conveniences of a modern resort. Surrounded by the waterfalls, peaks, forests and canyons of the majestic Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, this splendid Columbia Gorge resort is located just 45 miles east of Portland in Stevenson, Washington. Native Northwest cuisine, luxurious spa services, an 18-hole golf course and year-round outdoor recreation make Skamania Lodge a magnificent destination for both leisure and business.
Responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Houseman is responsible primarily for assisting in serving, setting-up, and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
•Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
• Provides general resort information for guests
• Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
• Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
• Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
• Prepares all banquet space prior to events
• Tears down all banquet space after events
• Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail
• Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
• Assists the banquet servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed
• Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment
• Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor
• Removes centerpieces/décor after events and stores appropriately
• Removes soil linens and stores appropriately
• Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location
• Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
• Maintains the cleanliness of banquet storage rooms
• Assembles dance floors
• Arranges buffets, stages and podiums
• Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
• Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
• Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
• Communicates all pertinent information to the banquets team
• Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
• Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
• Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
• Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, maintains accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms
• Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all property dress code standards
• Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications High school education required
• At least one year of customer service experience preferred
• Prior hospitality experience preferred
• Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet company driving standards
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must possess valid Food Handler’s card upon hire
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Must be highly detailed orientated
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must have excellent listening skills
• Must possesses excellent communication skills
• Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
• Must always ensure a teamwork environment
Job Type Part Time
Type of Position Hourly Position
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Washington Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
OR Scub & Circ needed in Central, Washington. Housing Provided!
Soliant Health - Central, WA
SLP Job Opportunity in Washington
Soliant Health - ., WA
20 hr. Teller Wenatchee
Wells Fargo - Wenatchee, WA
Locate this job: