Banquet Server Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Sunriver, OR
Property Sunriver Resort
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients’ expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon . Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine’s coveted Gold Medal as one of America’s best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Set up assigned tables, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to Hotel specifications and group requirements, courteously and efficiently. Take beverage orders and collect payments where specified. Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function:
o Pre-function sidework.
o Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
o Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagne ordered.
o Prices for specified bar selections on cash bars.
o Station assignment and table set-up.
o Group name, type of function and expected attendance.
o Scheduled hours of service.
o Special requests/arrangements.
o Order of service, traffic flow in room.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
· Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
· Complete pre-function sidework:
o Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
o Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from Storeroom to service area.
o Fold napkins, set linen/skirting on tables.
o Set tables according to service standards.
o Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, cream, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
o Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
o Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads) as assigned by the Supervisor.
o Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any inefficiency. Set up side station as assigned by Supervisor.
· Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables.
· Take guests' alcoholic beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques, when specified on function requirements.
· Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
· Input order into system; legibly document orders when system is down or collect tickets as specified.
· Retrieve alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
· Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
· Make all varieties of coffee.
· Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with function requirements.
· Clear each course following procedures.
· Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from the function room as designated by function requirements.
· Set up, monitor, refresh and breakdown coffee breaks, receptions and buffet tables for specified functions according to group requirements.
· Complete closing side duties:
o Breakdown all goods as specified.
o Clean all equipment as assigned.
o Restock items for next service.
o Properly store all reusable goods.
o Remove all dirty linen and transport to Laundry.
o Marry and stock all condiments.
o Secure storage areas.
· Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
* Meets age to serve alcoholic beverages.
* Has prior experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server. Food handling certificate.
* Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
* Provide legible communication.
* Compute basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, tableside flambé service, Butler style service).Ability to:
* Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Prioritize and organize.
* Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
* Follow directions thoroughly.
* Understand guest’s service needs.
* Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Job Type Seasonal Full Time
Type of Position Hourly Position
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Food Service Assistant
Peace Health - Springfield, OR
Destination Hotels & Resorts - Eugene, OR
McDonald's - LaGrande, OR
Locate this job: