Banquet Supervisor Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Stevenson, WA
Property Skamania Lodge
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients’ expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Incorporating timber, stone, custom-designed furnishings, and an extraordinary collection of Native American and Northwest art, Skamania Lodge® is a Portland, Oregon vacation destination that resonates with the charm of an early 20th -century great lodge while offering all the accommodations, amenities and conveniences of a modern resort. Surrounded by the waterfalls, peaks, forests and canyons of the majestic Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, this splendid Columbia Gorge resort is located just 45 miles east of Portland in Stevenson, Washington. Native Northwest cuisine, luxurious spa services, an 18-hole golf course and year-round outdoor recreation make Skamania Lodge a magnificent destination for both leisure and business.
Supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Banquet Staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the Hotel standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
o Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
o Particular characteristics/descriptions of wines/champagnes ordered.
o Prices for specified selections on cash functions.
o Groups' names and background.
o Type of functions and expected attendance/guarantee numbers.
o Scheduled hours of service.
o Special requests/arrangements.
o Order of service, traffic flow in room.
· Organize all assigned functions and complete preparation work in accordance to departmental standards. Follow up on special arrangements to ensure compliance with such.
· Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Complete requisition for
· Additional supplies needed and submit to Manager. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
· Requisition linens/skirting required for designated functions and transport such to function area.
· Inspect the scheduled function area/room for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments.
· Meet with the Chef and Stewarding to review scheduled group's menu and equipment requirements. Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts and special arrangements. Communicate service needs throughout the function.
· Prepare station assignments for Banquet Servers according to group requirements and Hotel standards.
· Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
· Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
· Assign stations and side work to Servers in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
· Conduct pre-function meeting with Servers and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group.
· Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
· Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
· Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
· Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, layout; ensure agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
· Ensure replenishment of items as specified on event orders and requested by group contact.
· Set out name cards, escort cards in accordance with group requirements.
· Organize head table assembly and assist in group's entrance into the function area.
· Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to function, make introduction and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
· Greet guests upon arrival at function and assist in seating as required by group.
· Direct Servers on timing of service throughout function.
· Communicate additional meal requirements and special requests to the Kitchen.
· Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
· Assist Banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Total all charges for the group function, prepare check and present to group contact for payment. Adhere to all cashiering procedures/policies.
· Ensure that unused food is returned to the Kitchen, that designated condiments are broken down and properly stored (butters, cream, dressings, etc.) and that all Banquet supplies are returned to designated storage areas.
· Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up. Ensure all department standards are met.
· Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
· Conduct training of staff as assigned.
· Provide feedback on staff performance to Manager. Report disciplinary problems to Manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
· Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
· Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
· Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
* Must have current alcoholic server certificate.
* Must have previous experience in Banquet food service.
* Food handling certificate.
* Fluency in English both verbal and written.
* Provide legible communication and direction.
* Compute basic arithmetic.Ability to:
* Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Prioritize and organize.
* Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
* Follow directions thoroughly.
* Understand guest’s service needs.
* Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
* Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
* Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
Job Type Full Time
Type of Position Hourly Position
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Portland, OR
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Portland, OR
Branch Manager Trainee - Vancouver Mall
Chase - WA, Washington
Retail Store Management Trainee
Bridgestone - Firestone - Portland, OR
Locate this job: