Server - AM Job Listing at Destination Hotels & Resorts in Stowe, VT (Job ID destination-1470413)
Server - AM
Property Stowe Mountain Lodge
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
Property Introduction Stowe Mountain Lodge®, the newest preeminent mountain resort to open in New England in more than 50 years, has expanded boasting more than 300 tastefully appointed accommodations. Surrounded by 2,000 acres of environmentally protected pristine Vermont land, Stowe Mountain Lodge® offers a luxurious, four-season resort experience amidst a quintessential and historic New England setting. World-class services and five-star amenities greet guests, such as spacious guest-rooms with breathtaking mountain vistas, a 21,000 square foot spa and wellness center, an 18-hole Bob Cupp wilderness golf course and an artisan-inspired restaurant featuring farm-to-table seasonal cuisine. In addition, Stowe Mountain Lodge® provides the perfect base camp for unlimited year-round alpine adventure. Located ski-in/ski-out to Stowe Mountain Resort featuring the legendary Front Four ski terrain, the Lodge has helped bring Stowe back to its glory as the "ski capital of the East." This extraordinary address is also home to other world-famous recreational activities such as hiking and snow-shoeing excursions led by an in-house experts, mountain biking, horse-drawn carriage rides, and farm-to-table cooking demonstrations with the Solstice Executive Chef. A bustling pedestrian esplanade boasts high-end shops and boutiques, a performing arts center and breath-taking views of the mountain.
Food and Beverage servers request or take orders from guests and serve food and beverages, check on guest satisfaction and handle the payment and complaints/concerns of customers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
* Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests
* Answer questions on menu/alcoholic selections to guests
* Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
· Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in outlet assigned.
* Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order
* Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
* Set tables according to service standards
* Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability
* Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day
* Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
* Present physical and accurate check to guests and process payments
* Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
* Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
* Run food and bus tables when you find extra time
* Anticipate and address guests` service needs
* Speak with others using clear and professional language
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals
* Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
* Thank guests with genuine appreciation
* Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
* Meets age to serve alcoholic beverages.
* Has prior experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server. Has knowledge of basic cocktails and wine varietals
* Food handling certificate.
* Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
* Provide legible communication.
* Compute basic arithmetic.Ability to:
* Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Prioritize and organize.
* Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
* Follow directions thoroughly.
* Understand guest s service needs.
* Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Job Type Part Time
Type of Position Hourly Position
Salary 5.00 + tips
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Burlington, VT
View similar jobs:
Manager, Commercial Accounts - Multinational & Allied Partners - Northeast
American Express - Montpelier, VT
Engagement Leader, Cerner Wellness
Cerner Corporation - South Burlington, VT
In Room Dining Captain
Destination Hotels & Resorts - Stowe, VT
Locate this job: