Parent Aide (Bilingual) Job Listing at Devereux in Phoenix, AZ
Nonprofit, Social Services
Looking for dedicated staff to be part of our Parent Aide program in Phoenix (Maricopa county). If you want to work with children and families to help make a difference this may be the position for you. The Parent Aide provides a range of support services, instruction, and assistance to parents or caregivers to improve their skills and ability to fulfill parenting roles and responsibilities for children involved with Child Protective Services (CPS).
The Parent Aide for Maricopa County will be based at our Phoenix office and will travel as needed to meet with families, transporting the children, for supervised visits. We are looking for a candidate who is bilingual (Spanish) to help meet the needs of the program.Schedule: Monday through Friday, flexible hours and must be available evenings and weekends when needed to meet with families.
As a Parent Aide you will:
- Provide transportation to family visits for children and families referred to the program.
- Provide parenting skills training, role modeling, educational activities, and alternatives to physical discipline.
- Provide training for budgeting assistance, meal preparation, and household management tasks.
- Provide education for the client on accessing emergency assistance, supports, and community resources.
- Monitor families' progress and report to CPS case manager through progress notes and any other required paperwork.Keywords: behavioral health, at-risk, parent aide, case aide, case management, CPS children, adolescents, child welfare, human services, non-profit
- HS diploma or GED required (Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred).
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in human services or related field required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Must have reliable transportation. Must provide proof of current auto insurance.
Physical Requirements: Significant and frequent amounts of walking, sitting, and standing. Routine light lifting of 10 lbs. or less.
Work Environment: Off site in client home environment. Client home environment may be without electricity, air conditioning or heat; may not be clean; may not have sufficient space for number of family members; may be extremely warm in the summer months.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Aspen Dental - Phoenix, AZ
Accounting Principals - Phoenix, AZ
Prudential - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: