ASST FRNT-END LEAD ASSOC, 1065 READING RD # US42, MASON OH Job Listing at Dollar General in MASON, OH (Job ID dollargeneral-660748)
**Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person's strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."*
* General Summary:**
Under general supervision, lead front-end sales associates in the replenishment of front end impulse fixtures and ensure exceptional service is provided to each customer in absence of the Front-End Lead Sales Associate. Provides support to other managers as requested.
**Duties & Responsibilities:*
* Lead the work of sales associates serving as cashiers including six to eight active registers.
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner as needed to provide great customer service.
* Authorize voids and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
* Assist in maintaining strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
* Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
* Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
* Supply cashiers with change when needed.
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned.
* Assist in the training of new cashiers;
* Cash handling policies and procedures
* Proper Scanning technique
* Engaging the customer
* Cashier selling activity
* Asking for additional front end help when lines start to back up
* Responsible for the sanitation and execution of the front end cleaning schedule.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
* Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
* Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
* Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
**Work Experience &/or Education:*
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Six months to one year of retail clerk experience.
* Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
* Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
*Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.*12020
*Auto req ID:* 29387BR
*Title:* ASST FRNT-END LEAD ASSOC, 1065 READING RD # US42, MASON OH
*Zip Code:* 45040
*Category:* Store Careers
*Job Category:* Store Positions - Other
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Cincinnati, OH
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Blue Ash, OH
Kelly Services - Blue Ash, OH
Kelly Services - Cincinnati, OH
Locate this job: