SALES ASSOCIATE, 3176 COLLEGE ST, NEWBERRY SC Job Listing at Dollar General in NEWBERRY, SC (Job ID dollargeneral-656107)
**_Are you ready for an exciting career move? We''re a fast moving $16 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 11,000 stores and 12 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person''s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."_**
The Sales Associate position is a key part-time position and will act as the point of contact for customers. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Stock merchandise adequately. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets.
**DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:**
* Unload trucks.
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes; store merchandise in stock room or move directly to sales floor.
* Build merchandise displays.
* Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves.
* Restock recovered merchandise.
* Assist customers by locating merchandise.
* Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Greet customers.
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer''s purchase; bag merchandise.
* Collect payment from customer and make change.
* Assist with ordering merchandise using hand-held scanners, as needed.
* Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays when necessary.
**KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:**
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
* Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
**WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:**
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
*Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.*10303
*Auto req ID:* 24923BR
*Title:* SALES ASSOCIATE, 3176 COLLEGE ST, NEWBERRY SC
*Zip Code:* 29108
*Category:* Store Careers
*Job Category:* Store Positions - Other
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Columbia, SC
View similar jobs:
Service Representative III CDL (4 day work week)
Cintas Corporation - Columbia, SC
Recruiter into Sales - Columbia
Aerotek - Columbia, SC
Distributor/Route Sales Management, Full Training
Mac Tools - Columbia, SC
Locate this job: