Automotive Buyer Job Listing at DriveTime in United States of America
Requisition Number: 2961
Job Title: Automotive Buyer
Area of Interest: Automotive
Job Description: Automotive Buyer
What Drives You?
* Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
* Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
* Professional satisfaction and helping others?
* A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
Establishes and maintains relationships with Auctions and various sources for the purpose of purchasing and wholesaling vehicles that meet DriveTime requirements.
* Monitor used automobile market for trends in vehicle values.
* Attend auctions and purchase vehicles that meet DriveTime standards.
* Manage the liquidation process for repossessions, trade-ins and reject aged inventory.
* Maintain ongoing customer relations with auction personnel and fleet representatives.
* Partner with DriveTime Inspection Center on decisions related to vehicle repairs.
* Travel to out of market auctions is required from 25% - 75% of the time.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money:Great competitive pay!
Benefits:Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too!
Future:We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
Connect With Us
Requirements: Keys to success.
* High School Diploma required. 4 Year college degree preferred.
* Previous experience purchasing cars and understanding of automobile auction process preferred OR equivalent experience in related areas such as dealership management, automotive service, etc.
* Must have strong work ethic, high level of integrity, good follow through skills and be self-directed.
* Bachelor's degree or higher if no past experience in automobile auction process.
* Knowledge of vehicle types, makes and approximate wholesale value.
* Ability to work as a team player and interact with managers, co-workers and customers in a professional, courteous manner.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Skilled in Microsoft Office programs.
* Valid driver’s license.
* Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
* Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
* Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
* Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
* Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
* Requires being able to hear and speak with customers in person or on the phone.
* Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Michaels - DALLAS, TX
Michaels - Irving, TX
Merchandise Presentation Specialist
Michaels - TX
Locate this job: