IC&E Technician Job Listing at DTE Energy in USA (Job ID dtesf-7524)
**I C & E Technician**
**Location: ** Stockton, California
**General Summary **
This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting of instrumentation, controls, and electrical /electronic system at a biomass fired steam turbine power generation plant. This is a “journeymen” level position with a high degree of knowledge of instrumentation, controls, low, medium and high voltage switchgear, transformers, generators, protective relays and motor control centers. This person will assist the Operations and Maintenance Manager and advise O&M; Technicians on instrument, controls and electrical equipment.
**_Principal Duties and Responsibilities_**
* Calibrates, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and installs all power plant instrumentation, control systems and electrical equipment.
* Performs maintenance on motor control centers, motor operated valves, generators, excitation equipment and motors.
* Performs preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance on equipment, coordinating work with various team members.
* Designs and installs new equipment and/or system modifications.
* Troubleshoots and performs maintenance on DC backup power equipment, process controls, programmable logic controls (PLC) and emission monitoring equipment.
* Uses maintenance reporting system to record time and material use, problem identified and corrected, and further action required; provides complete history of maintenance on equipment.
* Schedule, coordinate, work with and monitors contractors on specific tasks as required.
* Follows safe working practices at all times.
* Identifies safety hazards and recommends solutions.
* Follows environmental compliance work practices.
* Identifies environmental non-compliance problems and assist in implementing solutions.
* Assists other team members and work with all departments to support generating station in achieving their performance goals.
* Trains other team members in the areas of instrumentation, control, and electrical systems.
* Performs housekeeping assignments as directed.
* Conduct equipment and system tagging according to company and plant rules and regulations.
* Perform equipment safety inspections as required and record results as appropriate.
* Participate in small construction projects. Read and interpret drawings, sketches, prints and specifications as required.
* Order parts as needed to affect maintenance and repair.
* Performs Operations tasks on an as-needed basis and other tasks as assigned.Available within a reasonable response time for emergency call-ins and overtime plus provide acceptable off-hour contact by phone and company pager.
**_Knowledge, Skills & Abilities_**
A high school diploma or GED is required. Must have a valid driver’s license. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, with good math skills. Four years of experience as an I&C; technician and/or Electrician in a power plant environment, preferably with a strong electrical background up to and including voltages to 15 KV to provide the following:
* Demonstrated knowledge of electrical equipment, electronics, schematics, basics of chemistry and physics, and controls and instrumentation.
* Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices associated with a power plant environment.
* Demonstrated ability to calibrate I&C; systems and equipment, including analytic equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to configure and operate various test instruments and equipment as necessary to troubleshoot and repair plant equipment including, but not limited to; distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, motor control centers, transformers, generators, and continuous emissions monitor (CEM) systems.
* Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate work activities with other team members on technical subjects across job families.
* Ability to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts as required.
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk and sit. Frequently, the employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or occasionally crawl. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and frequently reach with hands and arms.
Frequently lift or move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects between 50 to 70 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may require the use of various respirators, a Pulmonary Function Test, and Respirator Fit test is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
**DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer**
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in USA