Material Handling Technician Job Listing at DTE Energy in River Rouge, MI (Job ID dtesf-7942)
**Material Handling Technician**
Location: River Rouge, Michigan
Operates equipment and performs tasks that support operations of the various producing units and works with materials and equipment to handle, transport, and process product and materials. Directs the flow of material to and from producing units and inspects material. Inspects all associated equipment. Work is performed under direct supervision with results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
* Operate various types of off road heavy equipment and coke making equipment
* Responsible for participating in safety activities to meet or exceed organizational goals and expectations
* Maintain interpersonal relationships with individuals both external and internal to the organization
* Be an active participant of developing and maintaining a culture of professionalism
* Responsible for following all rules, policies, or expectations
* Responsible for environmental compliance
* Performs all other related duties and assigned tasks
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
A high school diploma or GED, must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license, with a minimum of 2 years experience operating off road heavy equipment (Wheel Loader, Skid Steer Loader, Articulated Hauler, Motor Grader, and Dozer) to provide the following:
* Ability to work in a team orientated atmosphere
* Demonstrated capability to achieve results through people, technology and processing equipment
* Good knowledge of the assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Ability to function within a matrix organization where employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader
* Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader
* Must be goal oriented
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and management
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to: stand or walk and stoop or kneel or sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
**DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer**
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Detroit, MI
View similar jobs:
CSX - Wallaceburg, Canada
CSX - Wallaceburg, Canada
Program Director Manager
Kelly Services - Detroit, MI
Locate this job: