Principal Engineer - ESO Welding Engineer Job Listing at DTE Energy in Detroit, MI (Job ID 4422221)
Advanced-Level engineer who provides technical direction and management in the areas of engineering or scientific design, testing, problem solving, and technical support for large or complex projects. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important issues. Develops solutions independently and provides recommendations. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization, with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters.
Typical assignments may include, but is not limited to:
- Administer ASME QC Program
- Maintenance of welder continuity records
- Welder qualifications-keep welders current in technologies and procedures
- Interfaces with insurance agencies for boiler repairs.
- Administer Boiler and piping repair program, as required by State of Michigan Boiler Law and City of Detroit Boiler Code
- Review contractors' procedures and monitor quality on DTE Energy sites and off-site for new equipment fabrication
- Provide welding engineering support wherever needed in Company
- Maintains the corporate interface with our Authorized Inspection Agency
- Writes and maintains company welding procedures, WPS, PQR, and WPQ to meet ASME Sec. IX
- Maintains record for all company welders and issues monthly report on welders qualifications.
- May represent company for national technical committees.
- Code interpretation.
- Audit welding program.
- Administers welding non-conformances.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments
- Assist in the development and execution of large or complex engineering projects
- Develop new or improved techniques and procedures and communicates them at an organizational/corporate level.
- Keep up to date on current and developing technology and make recommendations that will benefit company goals
- Makes recommendations and presentations to management
- Manages outside supplier services including the preparation of requests for quote, bid evaluations, and contract oversight
- Provides expertise on the application of company codes and standards
- Provides leadership, work direction, training, and technical expertise
- Provides technical and budget direction and coordination for minor and low impact projects
- Recommend and implement solutions to complex problems involving the engineering, science, design, operation, and maintenance of company assets
- Support presentations to other personnel and management
- Maintains Welding written practice and procedures for Fossil Generation.
- Oversees the work of company and contract Welding personnel to ensure quality results are achieved in compliance to the written Welding practice and procedures.
- Acts as the Program Owner for the Fossil Generation Welding program and ensures compliance to the written practice and procedures.
- Oversees the training and certification of Welding personnel and monitors their certification requirements to ensure compliance.
- Along with Welding Specialist, maintains the Welding test equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or relevant field or discipline.
- Advanced studies in related discipline are preferred.
- Ten years of experience in specified discipline.
- Computer Skills: Applications and methods used in related discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards of national organizations.
- Apply and interpret industry codes and standards in related discipline.
- Ability to give presentations, manage multiple projects, train and mentor others
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company
- Knowledge of applications, equipment, and use of systems specific to work field or discipline
- Knowledge of CI, applications, equipment and use of systems and the ability to analyze complex data and problem-solve in order to provide solutions / recommendations
- Skills in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
About DTE Energy
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in Detroit, MI
View similar jobs:
Principal Marketing Analyst
DTE Energy - Detroit, MI
Principal Engineer - ESO, Turbine SME
DTE Energy - Detroit, MI
School SLP Job Hiring near Detroit, MI
Soliant Health - Detroit, MI
Locate this job: