Renewable Power Plant - Maintenance Technician Job Listing at DTE Energy in Bakersfield, CA
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Location: Bakersfield, California
This position is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all mechanical equipment at a wood fired steam turbine electrical generation power plant. Job tasks will range from routine maintenance to complex mechanical troubleshooting and use of precision measurement tools. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs repair and maintenance work following blueprint sketches and procedures involving such tasks as drilling, tapping, fabricating, welding, machinery alignment and quality control.
* Identifies mechanical design, machinery improvements or problems and recommends modifications necessary for resolution.
* Follows safety/environmental rules and regulations. Implements safe working practices and immediately identifies hazards and recommends and/or implements repairs.
* Works with all departments in a team effort to support the generating plant in attaining their goals.
* Provides training and technical guidance to other team members.
* Schedules, coordinates, works with, and monitors contractors on specific tasks as required.
* Attends to housekeeping at the end of each job/task.
* Maintains various mechanical equipment associated with biomass and gas fired boilers, steam turbines, electrical generators, compressors, water treatment equipment, pumps, valves, and other auxiliary equipment.
* Uses maintenance reporting system to record time and material use, problems identified and corrected, and further actions required; provide complete history of maintenance on equipment.
* Operates a wide variety of construction equipment, power equipment, hand tools and perform rigging and staging erection.
* Conducts equipment and system tagging according to company and plant rules and regulations.
* Performs housekeeping assignments as directed.
Performs equipment safety inspections as required and records results as appropriate.
* Participates in small construction projects. Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, prints and specifications as required.
* Orders parts as needed to affect maintenance and repair.
* Performs Operations tasks on an as-needed basis and other tasks as assigned.
* May be called to respond for emergency call-ins and overtime plus provide acceptable off-hours contact by phone and/or pager.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A high school diploma or GED is required. Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Ability to read, write and speak in the English language and perform basic mathematical computations. Training on mobile heavy equipment, loaders, trucks, and welding. Four (4) years experience as a mechanic/machinist, preferably in a biomass fired steam turbine power plant environment to provide for the following:
* Demonstrated use of standard mechanical tools and measurement devices.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in four of the following skills: pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging, rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, piping schematics, mechanical drawings, basic vibration analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to locate, troubleshoot, adjust and correct defects in complex mechanical equipment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices associated with a power plant environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate work with others on technical subjects across job families.
* Ability to work weekend, holidays and rotating shift as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Attached are the Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands for the Mt. Poso Cogeneration Company, LLC.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Automotive jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Bakersfield, CA
Customer Service Representative (Fueler/Washer/Detailer) - Part-Time
Penske - Carson, CA
Diesel Mechanic/Technician III – Entry Level
Penske - La Mirada, CA
Locate this job: