Staff Engineer - ESO Welding Engineer Job Listing at DTE Energy in Detroit, MI
Title: Staff Engineer - ESO Welding Engineer
Location: Michigan-Southeast Michigan-Detroit
Intermediate-Level engineer plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard engineering or scientific techniques, procedures, and criteria to support optimum operation and maintenance of company assets. Typical assignments are in the areas of engineering or scientific design, problem solving, and technical support for the optimum operation and maintenance of company assets. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. May provide work direction to represented employees or technical personnel.
Typical assignments may include, but is not limited to:
- Administer ASME QC Program
- Maintenance of welder continuity records
- Welder qualifications-keep welders current in technologies and procedures
- Interfaces with insurance agencies for boiler repairs.
- Administer Boiler and piping repair program, as required by State of Michigan Boiler Law and City of Detroit Boiler Code
- Review contractors' procedures and monitor quality on DTE Energy sites and off-site for new equipment fabrication
- Provide welding engineering support wherever needed in Company
- Maintains the corporate interface with our Authorized Inspection Agency
- Writes and maintains company welding procedures, WPS, PQR, and WPQ to meet ASME Sec. IX
- Maintains record for all company welders and issues monthly report on welders qualifications.
- May represent company for national technical committees.
- Code interpretation.
- Audit welding program.
- Administers welding non-conformances.
- Develop new or improved techniques and procedures
- Assists in the Development, coordinates, and directs project or field engineering assignments with complex features
- Develop new or improved techniques and procedures and communicates them at an organizational/corporate level.
- Keep up to date on current and developing technology and make recommendations that will benefit company goals
- Provides guidance on company codes and standards
- Provides technical expertise to others within and outside DTE Energy
- Provides work direction, training, and technical guidance as required
- Recommend and implement solutions to complex problems involving the engineering, design, operation, and maintenance of company assets
- Interface with supply chain, outside departments, vendors, and suppliers
- Plan and manage group workflow to meet budgets and schedules
- Applies knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments
- Makes recommendations and presentations to management
- Provides input on the application of company codes and standards
- Provides leadership, work direction, training, and technical expertise
- Provides technical and budget direction and coordination for minor and low impact projects
- Recommend and implement solutions to problems involving the engineering, science, design, operation, and maintenance of company assets
- Support presentations to other personnel and management
- Maintains Welding written practice and procedures for Fossil Generation.
-Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or relevant field or discipline.
- Three years of experience in specified discipline, two years with a Master's degree in relevant field or discipline, zero years with a Doctorate degree in relevant field or discipline.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer applications applicable to specific work field/discipline
- Ability to work with the supply chain process.
- Apply and interpret industry codes and standards in related discipline.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking capabilities.
- Knowledge of CI, applications, equipment and use of systems and the ability to analyze data and problem-solve in order to provide solutions / recommendations
- Skills in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available athttp://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Detroit, MI
View similar jobs:
Senior Engineering Technician - ESO
DTE Energy - Detroit, MI
Part time IE Feeder Supervisor
UPS - LIVONIA, MI
NVH CAE STRUCTURES ENGINEER (VEHICLE DYNAMICS)
Kelly Services - Dearborn, MI
Locate this job: