System Supervisor I Job Listing at DTE Energy in Detroit, MI
Title: System Supervisor I
Location: Michigan-Southeast Michigan-Detroit
Please Apply By: November 24, 2012
**The exact number of open positions will vary**
Direct and coordinate the operation of the electrical distribution system up to 40kv, including switching, protective tagging, and service restoration. Provide work direction and supervision to all personnel involved in the process of operating and maintaining the distribution system, including a periodic rotation of overseeing the role of Dispatch Supervisor. During storm conditions, activate emergency assignments and assist with coordinating the storm operation. Make recommendations for scheduling work, managing workflow, setting goals and developing productivity measures and identify process improvements. Build customer loyalty by providing superior service and solutions to meet or exceed all process goals and the expectations of all internal and external customers. Direct and coordinate new student System Supervisors training as a tutor during on the job (OJT) training and mentoring their development as required. System Supervisor I and System Supervisor II are recognized as a Job Family Progression
- Work as necessary with System Supervisor IIwhen work transcends boundaries.
- Responsible for the direct operation of the Distribution System up to and including 40kv system.
- Directs the field switching and protective tagging operations performed by authorized personnel
including Substation Operators, Substation Maintenance, Overhead and Underground Linemen,
Relay/SCADA Specialists, Primary and any other classification that may be required to operate
equipment on the electric system.
- Interact with various internal, external, distribution interconnects and governmental organizations
to maintain operation of the electrical system in compliance with state and municipal
- Responsible for inspections, approvals, placing new distribution equipment into commission and
the decommissioning of equipment.
- Administer union contracts and coordinate work rules and practices of the different local unions in
the maintenance and operation of the electrical system.
- Analyze and schedule requests for shutdown and coordinate requests from different work groups,
taking equipment load ability, primary customer production schedules and costs into
- Monitor distribution system security and take action to maintain voltage and loading within limits.
- Utilizes the Energy Management System, trouble reporting system and other related systems to
maintain and restore customer's power in the most cost effective and efficient method.
- Supervise and coordinate multiple activities of multi-skilled work force engaged in the restoration
of customer service and operation of the distribution system on a day-to-day basis and in
- Coordinate various work groups to manage goals, measures, targets and budgets.
- Work with new System Supervisors in training to ensure effective on the job training (OJT) occurs
-Minimum: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, 4 years of job-relevant operating
experience and completion of a basic electricity course OR an Associate's degree in Electrical,
Industrial, Technology or Computer Engineeringor an equivalent discipline, 3 years of job-
relevant operating experience and completion of a basic electricity course OR a Bachelor's
degree in Electrical, Industrial, Technology or Computer Engineering.
-Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a technical engineering discipline and 1 year of job-related
operatingexperience is preferred.
- Must successfully complete an applicable supervisor certification / protective tagging system
within the initial 12 months on the job.
- Must obtain an evaluation of 'Recommended' on the System Operator Power Dispatching
(S.O.P.D). A PRACTICE TEST CAN BE FOUND ON THE DTE WEBSITE @
http://www.dteenergy.com/; CLICK ON CAREERS; CLICK ON EEI TEST LINK.
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and
- Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a
broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Provides leadership through example in a unionized environment, consistent with prevailing
collective bargaining agreements.
- Motivates through 'leading by example,' coaching/mentoring and providing ongoing constructive
feedback to subordinate staff; competent in systematically eliciting the best efforts and results
from subordinate staff.
- Expected to work rotating shift work and on-call assignments, as needed, including holidays and
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available athttp://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Detroit, MI
View similar jobs:
Assistant Branch Manager Trainee - MI, Ann Arbor
Chase - MI, Michigan
Practice Sales - Operations Manager
Aspen Dental - Ann Arbor, MI
Branch Manager - MI, Brighton
Chase - MI, Michigan
Locate this job: