Technology Engineer Job Listing at DTE Energy in Pittsburgh, PA
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Shenango Coke Battery
Responsible for safety, environmental compliance, productivity, profitability, employee retention, and customer satisfaction within the business unit and all Technical Engineering functionality along with required knowledge. Assist in management of all Coke Making activities as a collaborative member of the management team.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technology Engineers are involved supplying technical support to both the maintenance and operating personnel. The individuals filling this position will also be required to interact directly with outside professional engineers as required to implement equipment upgrades. He/she will be a hands on” individual. The engineer supporting the maintenance group will have expertise in, but not limited to, hydraulic systems, pumps and vibration analyses of rotating equipment. The engineer supporting the operations group will have the ability to carryout material balances, heat balances and understand all the chemical reactions that are taking place. These positions require individuals that are self-directed, possess excellent problem solving skills as well as good interpersonal skills. These positions will require the daily interaction with plant operating and maintenance personnel.
* Responsible for the implementation of business unit safety activities to meet or exceed organizational goals
* Maintains interpersonal relationships with individuals both external and internal to the organization
* Be an active participant of developing and maintaining a culture of professionalism
* Develops employees to maximize performance potential
* Responsible for enforcement of rules, policies, or expectations, etc
* Assist the facility manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A Bachelor’s of Science degree in either Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited university, previous engineering experience in a coke plant, chemical or petrochemical manufacturing facility is preferred, but not required to provide for the following:
* Have excellent communication skills particularly with other professional engineers
* Being proficient in making presentations, both oral and written, and be proficient with appropriate computer software applications
* Carryout failure analyses and determine the corrective action to prevent future occurrences
* Skills to analyze the process and determine any engineering changes required to improve product quality and reduce operating costs
* Ability to set expectations by defining the right outcome
* Ability to function within a matrix organization in which functional and business leaders have equal authority within the organization and employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader
* Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader, who collaborate on employee issues and decisions (including performance management, compensation and development)
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. Frequently, the employee will be required to: sit, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee in this classification will be required to occasionally lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will occasionally be exposed to conditions of: working near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibrations. Frequently, the employee will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The employee will be working in an environment up to a moderate sound level.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Pittsburgh, PA
View similar jobs:
Visual CAD Assistant
rue21 - Warrendale, PA
Sr ManagerApplication Develop
CVS Caremark - Monroeville, PA
Development and Events Intern
Family House Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Locate this job: