Director, Engineering and GM Job Listing at eBay in Boston, MA
Computer Software, Financial Services
The Director of Engineering and General Managerat StubHub location in Boston will report into the Sr. Director of engineering in product and technology organization located in San Francisco. The leader will build and provide management support for the local StubHub’s Engineering Development team as well as carrying the responsibilities of a local GM for the StubHub site in Boston. The Boston Engineering team will ultimately be responsible for new product domains and web service development that will serve StubHub’s buyers and sellers on the site. This director must have the desire and skills to build a team of highly qualified engineering managers and individual contributor software developers from the ground up, at a very rapid pace. The leader needs to be able to contribute at an architectural level, setting the technology direction as well as build and execute against project plans that create applications. This position will own parts of Stubhub Website, Web services and internal tools from a development perspective and needs to be someone who can partner with product management to understand business goals and translate these goals into both a vision for the team and into achievable solutions that can be delivered with the desired time to market.
Additionally the role is responsible for leading the cultural development of the team as it rapidly grows and oversees the general office responsibilities for a growing team of engineers, managers, product managers and QA team members.
The successful candidate will be a a seasoned high energy leader with both startup and large organization experience that can demonstrate managing high performance teams, building a culture of dependable execution and delivery, while simultaneously fostering innovation within those teams.
The leader is responsible for managing design and development activities interfacing with the Architecture team to build out the necessary platform while delivering Product for the business needs. This person will partner closely with the product management leads to drive the design, development and delivery of the product. This person also needs to work with other Technology groups such as Quality Assurance to assist with integration testing and Operations and Support personnel to understand operational requirements. Additionally, he/she will develop and implement policies and procedures to attain the required service levels to support the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Build a solid and high performing team of software engineers and engineering managers at a very rapid pace.
* Manages staffing for the team, working directly and closely with HR/Recruiting to hire to plan aggressively
* Directly manages a team of development managers as well as engineers in the beginning.
* As the team grows the leader will be actively involved in the design and the development of platform including technology choices as appropriate
* Enforces and augments development standards to establish efficient use of resources.
* Sets individual objectives for team members and managers.
* Supports employee involvement in decision making to assist them in meeting individual goals and promotes positive employee attitudes, moral and culture.
* Provides measurable goals and objectives for the team to maintain optimal performance and achieve company objectives
* Acts as an owner for supporting all projects and executing according to commitments
* Provides communication to senior management on project and personnel statuses
Job Function: Tech - Software Engineers
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Chemical Consultant Engineer
FM Global - NORWOOD, MA
Sr Electrical Engineer
Philips North America - Burlington, MA
Lead Program Manager/Systems Engineer
Wyle - Burlington, MA
Locate this job: