Fashion Category Director Job Listing at eBay in San Jose, CA
Computer Software, Financial Services
Business & Strategy Fashion Lead
Areas of focus will include:
* Starting with industry knowledge already, building an understanding of competitive positioning, eBay’s value proposition for buyers and sellers, and dynamics within the vertical on eBay.
* Building a focused, tight business plan & strategy for the Fashion category
* Monitoring and actively managing to business performance goals
* Working with Fashion industry leaders & Business Development to identify and take full advantage of opportunities for them to build strong businesses on eBay.
* Partnering closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and prioritize key opportunities to delight customers and grow the business.
* Integrating marketing and broader customer support to drive initiatives’ success during and post product feature launches.
* Working cross functionally to monitor and improve the data quality of product catalogs which encompass all detailed information and media assets that are associated with individual product listings.
* Developing business insights through ad hoc analysis and regular reporting.
Top candidates will be highly collaborative while demonstrating thought leadership, display extremely strong initiative, be results-oriented, demonstrate both business and product mindsets and have a history of keeping customers top of mind. We are seeking extremely bright, driven individuals who get energized by having meaningful, tangible impact. A strong candidate is one who has past experiences in retail/consumer products industries, having had the responsibility of executing a vertical strategy that drove incremental business lift.
Job responsibilities include:
* Category strategy and ownership of eBay Fashion businesses (i.e.Clothing): including business analysis, identifying and leading new seller partnerships & packages, driving best-in-class customer experience, developing Marketplace promotions, and driving unit and GMV growth through timely analysis and action.
* Create market overviews, buyer/seller segmentation, forecasts, and competitive assessments
* Develop/update target product profiles (based on market assessment and global customer insights), to guide product development decisions
* Develop forecast assumptions for various indications, customer segments
* Driving execution of the roadmap to deliver on the strategy for the new eBay Fashion business
* Merchant services: cross functionally drive integration with eBay sellers to manage and develop new merchant recruitment.
* Develop business cases, goals and requirements, in close partnership with other teams.
* Ensure that new products and programs are customer-centric and set up for high impact.
* Work with testing and analytics teams to drive rapid learning, iteration and validation of success.
* Develop and maintain business dashboards that provide insight and actionable inputs to manage and grow the Marketplace business.
* Represent customer business perspectives throughout the Product process, helping drive customer communication and outreach.
* Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization to ensure an impactful level of team involvement in key business discussions - strong results orientation while leading through others.
* The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with demonstrated strong academic and professional performance. The position requires someone who is highly analytical, organized and detail-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* 7-10 years work experience and a Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, product marketing, economics or a related discipline.
* MBA preferred
* General business training via brand management, management consulting or equivalent.
* Previous experience in Retail/consumer products industries. Familiarities with eBay sites and businesses; and/or broader e-commerce experience a strong-plus.
* Strong analytical skills required to identify performance opportunities, issues and correlations. Data-driven decision maker.
* Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively.
* Aptitude to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive towards results.
* Highly effective communication skills to work with a variety internal eBay teams and excellent presentation skills with both customers and senior executives.
* Aptitude to thrive in a high-energy, dynamic environment
* Ability to manage ambiguity and collaborate with partners.
* Constructive assertiveness and strong initiative.
* Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives.
* Fun, energetic and collaborative personality. Looking for someone who can push aggressively for results while helping create a great work environment.
Problem solving skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
* Ability to draw out requirements, concerns, issues and opportunities from large working groups
* Understanding of data querying and data interface tools
Project management experience
* Strong project management and leadership skills
* Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills
Job Function: Marketing / Sales
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Nordstrom - Palo Alto, California
AT&T Retail Store Manager San Jose CA Area Stores
AT&T - San Jose, CA
Inventory Processor - Seasonal
Nordstrom - San Jose, California
Locate this job: