Advisory Solutions Architect Job Listing at EMC in Santa Clara, CA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Advisory Solutions Architect
Location(s) US - California - Santa Clara
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 103286BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMC Technology Solutions and Services helps customers plan, design, deploy, and optimize their EMC technology in the physical, virtual, and cloud environments, with our full lifecycle of technology deployment services-from implementation of new product through migration and architecture optimization as well as infrastructure and application integration. ??Exciting career opportunities in TSS, including operations, portfolio development and partner delivery, provide unique and challenging opportunities to assist our customers on their journey to Cloud and Big Data.
Job Description Broadly recognized as a thought leader, providing technology, analytical and architectural Subject Matter Expertise (SME) as part of opportunity, pre-sales, and project delivery. Provides advanced technical and/or business consultative services during the pre-sales and post-sales cycle. Provides technical or business analytical leadership for specific product groups or business objectives across the project delivery life-cycle in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement. Delivers strong presentations and uses facilitation skills to lead solution design process and guide and direct a team across mixed audiences of customer, partner and EMC resources. Displays strong listening skills for solution construction to help EMC customers and takes ownership of high-level technical design convergence with the customer and other EMC teams, moving to involve other EMC organizations as needed. Uses expertise to assist with SOW writing and levels of effort based on the customer requirements and proposed solution. Assumes ownership of delivery quality and requires extensive EMC and non-EMC product knowledge. This role is expected to lead the development of strategic solution architectures to meet the needs of various industry solution patterns and establish trusted advisor relationship with senior client technical staff (CTO, VP Technology, etc.). Must have strong understanding of the EMC, partner, and competitive marketplace.
* Supports Project/Program Managers in the definition, design and development of the technical architectural content defined in SOW. Lead technical expert in pre-sales life-cycle - qualification, pitch preparation/delivery, customer visioning, solution estimation, SOW preparation. Designs EMC solutions and participates in its installation, customization and integration across projects of moderate and large scale and complexity. Develops programming source code, configures advanced technology solutions and/or integrates solution architectures
* Prepares technical architecture and implementation design documents and works with Project Manager to develop implementation plan, deliverables and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage EMC Consulting and partner resources to satisfy technical needs and objectives of implementation. Proactively identifies and communicates post-sale opportunities that expand and/or extend scope, to sales team. Develops strategies, policies, best practices through leadership collaboration and technical community contributions
* Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships at upper management/executive levels; establishes thought leader and trusted advisor status with VP/Director level clients and above. Work collaboratively across customer organizations - business and IT, from technology infrastructure to decision maker. Works with customer's internal change management systems and architectural standards groups
* Understands and implements a vision for technical effort required. Adheres to proper change control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress and time management reports in accordance with published procedures
* Provides technical leadership across large EMC and partner teams, managing and assuring solution quality, maximizing team output, across onshore and/or offshore teams, and multiple streams of effort. Maintains awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts Project Manager and sales team of potential problems based upon strong working knowledge of customer environment
* Establishes optimal technical project approach to maximize chances of delivery success. Ability to define strategic solutions to solve industry challenges using EMC and non-EMC technologies. Collaborates with leadership, and independently contributes to the development of new Service Offerings and markets from a sales and delivery perspective
* Identifies, plans and manages technology training opportunities with management to keep current on technology solutions and address requirements. Offers direction, feedback and mentoring to project team members. Advises management of technical skill gaps in teams and identifies training opportunities. Active contributor and participant in internal/external technology community. Maintains internal and partner relationship
* Excellent Python, C/C++ and multi-thread programming experience.
* Excellent working knowledge of software, hardware design, selection and deployment techniques and methodologies
* Deep knowledge in Linux operating system and storage management.
? Good experience in the application development and debugging within Linux.
* Knowledge of virtualization technologies
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
* OS: Linux, UNIX, Windows
* NoSQL: Hadoop
* Development Environments: Eclipse, JDeveloper
* Major Standards: AJAX, JSON
* Databases: Oracle, Stored Procedure Development, Performance Tuning, Data warehouses/ETL tools
* Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
* Frameworks: Struts, Spring, jQuery
* Storage: EMC storage knowledge
* Knowledge of Oracle VM Manager and Sever
* Knowledge of Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S)
* File system and I/O sub-systems
* 4 Year IT College Degree.
* B.S., Computer Science or equivalent; Masters Degree Strongly Preferred
* Professional certification strongly encouraged.
* 4+ years of professional software development experience.
* Equivalent work experience
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country United States
Job State CA
Job City Santa Clara
Job Postal/Zip Code 95054
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Senior Display ME Engineer
Amazon - Cupertino, CA
Sr. Quality Specialist, Verinanta
Talentburst, Inc. - Redwood City, CA
Talentburst, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Locate this job: