Consultant, Systems Engineer Job Listing at EMC in McLean, VA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Consultant, Systems Engineer
Location(s) US - Virginia - McLean
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 101146BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
Job Description Provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Assists in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign. Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment. Makes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice
* Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
* Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to EMC solutions, and train the account team.
* Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
* Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Leads technical sales calls
* Configures and documents EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
* Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
* Assumes leadership role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings. Presents and markets the design and value of proposed EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and EMC management. Participates in mentorship of more junior TC family members. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
* The role may have one of the additional sets of "specialty" responsibilities as required by the hiring manager:
* Extensive understanding of Oracle Database (multiple versions), RAC, Middleware and Oracle Applications.
* Possesses deep knowledge of products, tools, services, messages and content associated with Oracle solutions
* Solid understanding of replication technologies required
* Six to ten years experience as a Microsoft technology consultant, Exchange services consultant, business development manager or systems engineer.
* Solid knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and Exchange consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
* Solution selling experience in a product or services led organization required.
* Solid understanding of Exchange 200x required.
* Solid understanding of replication technologies required.
* Deep understanding of SAP applications, SAP NetWeaver, BASIS administration, and SAP infrastructure (database, operations) support
* Possesses knowledge of products, tools, services, messages and content associated with SAP solutions they are asked to support
SQL & Sharepoint
* Six to ten years experience as a Microsoft technology consultant, SQL Server + SharePoint services consultant, business development manager or systems engineer. * Solid knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and SQL Server + SharePoint consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
* Solution selling experience in a product or services led org.
* Extensive understanding of MS SQL Server and SharePoint.
* Extensive understanding of replication technologies required.
* Detailed product knowledge.
* Customer focused.
* Communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with senior management.
* Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* US Citizenship
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Tysons, VA
View similar jobs:
Technical Program Manager
Amazon - Ashburn, VA
Amazon - Herndon, VA
Talentburst, Inc. - Herndon, VA
Locate this job: