Associate Commodity/Supplier Specialist. Job Listing at EMC in Franklin, MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Associate Commodity/Supplier Specialist.
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Franklin
Functional Area(s) Manufacturing
Requisition ID 102170BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Global Product Operations is a 2600 person, globally diverse organization comprising of manufacturing, logistics, hardware development, and global supply chain operations. We pride ourselves on global inclusion, operational excellence, world class execution and process innovation. We provide world class business solutions and services that create a competitive advantage for our internal and external partners. Our facilities span three Manufacturing plants, three Centers of Excellence, and 11 Logistics Centers across the globe.
The GPO Organization offers a wide range of opportunities for technicians, engineers, program managers, analysts and planners, among others. GPO offers a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
Job Description Build skill set with more senior staff to understand cost reduction within their commodity or supplier areas. Build competency for financial and business analysis as learning supplier economic techniques. Learn about the quarterly standard setting process within their commodity or supply base. Acquire knowledge about commodity and supplier management at EMC, may provide information or analysis to support these efforts.
* With close direction, participate in product targets, total cost targets and multiple sourcing needs. With supervision will learn to locate, evaluate and recommend high quality, low cost sources of supply on an international basis. Learns about purchases, commodity agreements and gains understanding of sources of supply that ensures on time delivery.
* May assist with supplier management, such as NPI and EOL management, escalating critical WW material shortages and addressing process issues related to order fulfillm
* Deliver results and presentations in a timely manner. Handle projects with a short term focus.
* Under close supervision, build competencies to align procurement and logistics strategies to best meet TCE, cost and material flow
* Under close supervision will provide information for relationships with suppliers. Build understanding around availability of material demand. Work with senior staff to learn about sources of supply material or services. Help to prepare and may participate in EMC supplier reviews.
* Basic computer skills.
* Communication skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Understanding of business environment.
* Organizational skills.
"> ">As part of our headquarters campuses, both our Hopkinton and Franklin facilities offer incredible amenities for our employees. From a complete fitness center with indoor pool to an espresso bistro, you'll be impressed with the many ways we make working at EMC easy for you. We offer dry cleaning services, on-site massage, ATM. You'll always find a host of ways to engage and interact with your co-workers. And each of our campus locations is connected by a fleet of hybrid EMC Shuttles. Hopkinton and Franklin are located just west of Boston. It's a quick commute from Boston or most locations in the fast growing MetroWest area. As a Massachusetts leading technology employer, you'll find working at our headquarters to be a highlight of your career at EMC.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Senior Business Process Manager - Controls/3rd Party Governance - Salem, Dallas, or Wilmington
Chase - NH, New Hampshire
Personal Response Associate
Philips North America - Framingham, MA
SLP-CCC Job in Lawrence, MA
Soliant Health - Lawrence, MA
Locate this job: