Business Consultant Job Listing at EMC in Southboro, MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Business Consultant
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Southboro
Functional Area(s) Customer Service & Support
Requisition ID 100882BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Each and every day, EMC's IT organization develops and delivers innovative solutions to support EMC's growth and goals, while enabling more than 50,000 employees around the globe to work more productively. At the heart of the EMC journey to cloud computing and IT as a Service, EMC's dedicated and driven IT professionals continually strive to enhance our environment; embrace a broader spectrum of technologies; and accelerate their careers. Join us as we build the IT organization of the future.
Job Description IT BTG Sales - Product Configurator Lead Role.
Responsible for evaluating, identifying, and solving small to medium system and process issues utilizing system and business consulting and industry/business best practices and solutions. Represents the BRS and Greenplum business unit interests in IT projects and programs. Captures the business value and ensures that solutions benefits are realized.
* Responsible for development of initial project proposals, detailed business cases and high-quality business requirements for new projects.
* Manages the demand for all BRS and Greenplum product updates (new product introductions and product changes).
* Coordinate activities with the Service Delivery Group for each monthly release.
* Responsible for creation of requirements for small to medium projects and enhancements.
* Responsible for ensuring successful adoption of new releases including business communication, user training and user acceptance testing.
* Consult with business units as a subject matter expert, providing insight into potential process and technology solutions to business problems.
* Complete data analysis and tracking of Key Performance Indicators, adoption metrics, and business case benefit realization.
* Provide ongoing clarifications to counterparts in Service Delivery Group on business requirements.
* Facilitation of production issue resolution with Service Delivery Group.
* Provide sales support for Direct and Channel users during peak EOQ days and manage escalations throughout the quarter.
* Consulting experience or customer interaction experience
* Product management experience or familiarity with product management/new product introduction processes
* Experience with product configuration and/or sales processes
* Problem solving skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Financial and analytical experience.
* Communication skills.
* Ability to work independantly and in a cross functional team.
* Project management skills.
* EMC Product and Sales System experience an advantage.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Senior Manager - ETF Specialist
Charles Schwab Corporation - Boston, MA
Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence
sanofi-aventis - Cambridge, MA
Project Engineer - IP Liason
sanofi-aventis - Cambridge, MA
Locate this job: