Consultant- Job Listing at EMC in Bentonville, AR (Job ID emc-343611)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Location(s) US - Arkansas - Bentonville
Functional Area(s) Consulting
Requisition ID 103038BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMC's delivery teams provide guidance, fully integrated technology solutions, technical leadership and strategic direction to our customers. As part of EMC's world-class delivery organization, you will gain valuable skills, along with career growth and development opportunities, including training and certifications in the latest technologies.
Job Description Provides technical and consultative support on Consulting solutions opportunities on a range of consulting engagements. These projects may include analyzing requirements, implementation, customization, integration and documentation for the customer. Acts as subject matter expert in at least one technology or solution. Works closely with Project Managers, other Consulting personnel, and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode. Key responsibility is to capture and assess customer' strategic business issues, identify requirements, create business case justifications, and propose appropriate enterprise solutions. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with other sales, pre-sales and delivery professionals, as well as customers. Capable of working with minimal supervision in the performance of assigned tasks. Developing proficiency in critical skillsets re: Delivery, architecture, project management; can perform with minimal supervision. Developing proficiency in a technical service line or industry area. Gaining experience in successfully interacting wtih strategic customers, including presenting aspects of a solution. Gaining experience in proposal creation with supervision.
* Participates as needed in pre-sales qualification and delivery of technical architectural design, strategies and plans for engagements; works on single workstreams within broader project; support and instruct less experienced co-workers through formal training or on-the-job mentoring; trains customer personnel.
* Prepares, maintains, submits activity/progress reports and time recording/mgt reports in accordance with published procedures. Keeps Project Managers informed of activities, alerting on any issues promptly and seeks assistance immediately when required. Completes end-of-project reports.
* Supports and reports Sr. Consultant/Project Manager for project related items and advises on effort required to perform assigned implementations. Reguarly communicates project status and all customer issues to Project Manager. Capable of leading a small team, understanding project goals, and providing guidance to achieve goals. Works in conjunction with EMC Consulting colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementation.
* Understands the requirements and develops in part or the whole solution to meet the customer requirement. Participates in solution and peer review process. Assists in the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Identifies and communicates visible sales leads or opportunities to engagement manager. Establishes relationship with client technical counterparts.
* Participates in client meetings related to development efforts. Provides feedback on methodology and best practice collateral to competency lead. Understand and deliver projects as per practice approved delivery methodology. Understanding of overall industry trends.
* Problem solving skills.
* Understand industry trends.
* Good understanding of the competition.
* Communication skills.
* Analytical ability.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement".
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country United States
Job State AR
Job City Bentonville
Job Postal/Zip Code 72712
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Arkansas Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
McDonald's - Bentonville, AR
McDonald's - Gentry, AR
McDonald's - Huntsville, AR
Locate this job: