Hadoop Developer Job Listing at EMC in MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Hadoop Developer
Location(s) Home Based - Mobile
Functional Area(s) Data Science
Requisition ID 103432BR
"> ">EMC Consulting is in the business of offering you and our clients to realize ambitions – whatever the challenge, we have the experts and mentoring with the breadth and depth to deliver. Our skills and business expertise in financial services, life sciences, heallthcare, telecommunications, media and entertainment, public sector retail and energy offer a strategic advantage to tailor solutions that rationalize and optimize the use of information through business, information and infrastructure transformation. Industry and technology expertise and experience are at the core of our commitment to create vision for our clients—and are the drivers behind the delivery of high-impact business solutions. Our 2,000+ consultants across the globe enable us to implement global strategies locally with the extensive relationships we have with over half of the Global Fortune 500 companies. Our consultants average 17 years of industry-specific experience and apply their deep knowledge spanning cloud and virtual data center infrastructure, security and risk management, digital strategy, enterprise information and analytics, application design and development and application infrastructure to transform information into actionable strategies and tangible business results
Role Description: EMC Global Professional Services has an immediate need for experienced Consultants with Hadoop Development experience.
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical specifications.
- Solid background in algorithm development for analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Proficiency in Java code development (must have)
- Proficiency in Hadoop: deployment, maintenance, architecture, HDFS access, and MapReduce Java code development (must have)
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem: HBase, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Zookeeper, Oozie, Flume and Sqoop (must have)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Availability to travel weekly.
- Experience with other statistical packages, such as R, SAS, SPSS, Stata and SQL is a plus.
- Requirements gathering.
- Customer-facing activities.
- Customer expectation management.
- Design, implementation, and deployment of solutions on Hadoop.
- Required: Ph.D. or M.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent (must have)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
McDonald's - Clinton, MA
Store Management MA Burlington
CVS Caremark - Burlington, MA
Store Management MA Brockton
CVS Caremark - Brockton, MA
Locate this job: